1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for advice before I put it up for sale...

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by amimmortal, Aug 24, 2010.

1. amimmortal

amimmortal Member

[Aug 24, 2010]
    Evening all...

As the title suggests, despite previous posts exclaiming success in fitting three child seats in the back, now that our third child has arrived, it's actually a total rigmarole getting them all in.

Obviously I'm gutted. I tried very hard to avoid having to get a people carrier, but it looks like I'm going to have to.

Before I put it in the classified section, I could benefit from some advice...

It's a 2004 (54) A6 Avant Final Edition 1.9TDi Multitronic, one previous owner and only 45,000 miles. The multitronic gearbox is running fine and was serviced at 38,500 miles by approved VAG dealership. Otherwise, since buying the car I've had it serviced by Star Performance in Kirkcaldy, and it just had a full service at 44,000 miles. All other servicing was carried out by Audi.

It's fully tooled up with sat nav, bose stereo, full leather and all the usual refinements.

Price wise, I've seen some big variations in autotrader, ebay, pistonheads etc. For example, there's this one:

2005 AUDI A6 1.9 TDi Final Edition Multitronic

... which admittedly has less mileage than mine, or there's this one:

2005 AUDI A6 1.9 TDI Final Edition 5dr Multitronic Avant

... which has almost three times the mileage, and there's this one:

2005 AUDI A6 1.9 TDi Final Edition Multitronic

I suppose what I need to figure out is how best to price the car to get the best return, while encouraging buyers.

I was thinking to put in on for £9,495 to see what interest it might generate.

Any comments or suggestions will be welcome!

Cheers,

A.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Watty

Watty ..... (_!_) Sarah's A3s #1 Fan

[Aug 24, 2010]
    Oh, that's a tough one. We struggled with seats in the back too, three!! It can be done, but how old are they all? You may struggle for 6 months, then as the eldest grows, the seats change. We managed to find a slim booster seat for our eldest that enabled the 2 proper seats ok for room. Or, for a short time, we had baby up front and the Missus in the middle seat at the back, but she is very slim with a narrow bum, lol. Hold out for a few months unless they're newly born, 9 months and 18 months - in that case get yourself down for the snip lol, as it may be 4 in nine months time, lol.
  4. fourcircle

fourcircle nj

[Aug 24, 2010]
    I have a good friend who had triplets and had to let go of his s2 coupe. he really didn't want a people carrier and ended up with a nissan pathfinder, which he really likes. and doesn't look like a people carrier :)
  5. amimmortal

amimmortal Member

[Aug 25, 2010]
    Already on it!

Getting three full size seats in the back is fine. Getting one full size seat, one booster and one rear facing seat is a pain.

Ideally, I want to get a VW Touran 2.0 TDi SE spec, preferably the 140 or 170 bhp version. I don't want to spend more than £9,000 on it.

@ fourcircle

I've considered a 4x4 but I'm looking for something reasonably economical... any other ideas?

Cheers,
    A.
  6. fourcircle

fourcircle nj

[Aug 25, 2010]
    hmmm. economical + practical = perople carrier usually as you know yourself. So the touran looks like a good choice. Unless maybe a Vw T5 van with the 2.5tdi 174bhp? similar kind of wagon I guess but even more space. Or sell a child? no? I have 2 boys - a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I really don't think I could handle a third for a looong time.