Looking For Advice And Help Please

joe montgomery

Reaction score
hi there can anyone help im a total novice to car engines, and kinda short on cash so looking for advice before i have to prepare for the worst lol, i just bought audi a3 1.8t sport, seems to have had software upgrade but not sure wot, the problem is wen i accelerate hard car seems to lose power for a sec, then bk on again and then off again continuosly until i step off the acc pedal, also engine management light flashes for a minute then goes off. can anyone help please?

the reply you will get from many people is the car needs to be scanned with VCDS (vagcom)

as above, get a cable from ebay 5 or 6 quid, and download vcds lite.
then save up and get the full version, realy needed on old audies

mark

As above, get a cable or scanner like this Amazon product to keep in the glove box. It will come in well handy.

But, to have a shot in the dark at one of the many things it could be.....maybe a coil pack?!

does it sound like a subaru while it does it lol
like a heavy missfire?

no it didnt sound like a scooby lol and it didnt misfire just stuttered like a madman! i got the cable and an app for the laptop. engine error said max airflow intake sensor and thermostat sensor. still no sure wot were or wen any of this means. been to busy to read up on anything but really appreciate the help and advice guys. a friend of a friend is goin to have a look tomorrow, so heres hoping all is well or at least cheap lol