Looking for a remap on 2.0tfsi - South Coast

Mike2114

Reaction score
Hey,

Looking to map my 09 A4 2.0Tfsi (I'm in Hampshire) and have a few questions..

-Found a local place which seem to be offering decent gains for £200 (AM Tuning - using Viezu) has anyone used these or can anyone recommend somewhere better? Revo is £499, Bluefin is £365.. what's the reason behind the price difference?

-My car is on 80k now too, is it still safe to be mapped? 0 advisory's on last MOT in Feb.

-AM Tuning are offering a hydro clean service of the engine.. how do I know if I even need this?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Not sure why this was moved here as it’s not A4 specific, it’s more recommendations of a good remap in Hampshire.. but anyway, currently talking to Mapro in Portsmouth who again use Viezu but have great reviews if anyone’s dealt with them..?

Had mine done at Avon Tuning , Bristol.
I paid around £350 with Tuning done on a dyno, had really good results.

Reactions: Mike2114
Thanks guy, going with MAPro Tuning, having it done next Tuesday - look forward to seeing the difference!

Reactions: jdp1962
Don't forget to report back. :)
Definitely will, excited to get it done, not had a car mapped before.

Quoted gains compared to stock are:
208bhp / 258lbft torque (Stock)
262bhp / 312lbft (performance map)

No dyno included though so taking those figures with a pinch of salt. Should still pull like a train after!

...wow. So happy I got it mapped! Car pulls so much harder in every gear yet equally my mpg on the daily commute has gone up 4-5mpg! Mental.

Happy I went with Mapro Tuning, Matt really knew his stuff and talked me through the whole process, definitely recommend having it done if you’re considering!

Reactions: scotty76 and jdp1962
...wow. So happy I got it mapped! Car pulls so much harder in every gear yet equally my mpg on the daily commute has gone up 4-5mpg! Mental.

Happy I went with Mapro Tuning, Matt really knew his stuff and talked me through the whole process, definitely recommend having it done if you’re considering!
Hey, sounds like a no brainer. Is your car quarto, stronic?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hey, sounds like a no brainer. Is your car quarto, stronic?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It is Quattro, but manual. Absolutely loving it, does not hang about now ha

Had mine re-mapped about 9 months ago, its like having a new car, I love it too. went from 211 to 265bhp and 350 torque. The difference is crazy. Paid around £325. I recommend Quantum software, quite a few garages will use this.
b8.5 A4 2.0 TFSI Quattro

If your in Pompey, then JKM Performance are well regarded for REVO and Bluefin remaps.

http://www.jkm.org.uk/

Not used them myself, but when I was researching into a remap a while back they gave some useful advice (albeit I was asking about a 2 litre TDi instead of TFSI). They seem to rate the REVO remaps highly, and from my previous experience with a golf gti, revo are highly regarded in the Vdub community