1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a B6 S4

l1lbill May 22, 2012

1. l1lbill

l1lbill New Member

Hi just joined the forum and thinking about a B6 S4 around 2004/2005. Got a budget of about £9000 which seems realistic.

I guess the obvious questions now im afraid.....what to look for? what needs doing to it when (with regards to belts/fluids etc).

I nearly bought one last time round (went with a 350z instead) and test drove one that has a whining noise from the rear left, i thought it may be a wheel bearing but wasnt sure and was worried about big repair bills.

Have seen this one that looks about right, apart from its silver:

Audi A4 S4 Quattro ONLY 63.000 MLS 6 SPEED MANUAL for sale in Crawley West Sussex | Gatwick Used Car Centre

Any help would be great.

Thanks

2. V8Guzzler

V8Guzzler Active Member

Hi mate - you have joined just at the right time. I have just put mine up for sale, as I have just put a deposit down on a new car. Well within you budget.. Ill PM you :)

3. l1lbill

l1lbill New Member

Thanks mate PM replied to

4. xs2man

xs2man Member

Nice choice. I just got rid of mine. Very fast car, and supposedly the limiter isn't really there (well wasn't on mine).

5. l1lbill

l1lbill New Member

Thanks mate just hoping i can find the right car for the right money

6. rjm180

rjm180 Active Member

Beast of a car, get one.

7. l1lbill

l1lbill New Member

cheers mate really got the bug after the last one i looked at but luckily got some good notes on it from a mate at audi revealing a bit of its history.

not in any real rush to buy but when the right one comes up i will take the plunge

8. cobraBLACK

cobraBLACK Chocolate? It's doo-doo, baby!

9. l1lbill

l1lbill New Member

thanks bud

10. lincoln_dj

lincoln_dj Active Member VCDS Map User

I've just bought one last weekend too. for £9k you'll not get a facelift unless it's starship mileage.

As a bench mark i've just paid £9500 at a non-audi dealer who threw in extended warranty, so more like £9k I guess. It's a 2004, FASH, RNS-E (did all S4s have this?), HIDs and only 56k miles.

And even though i'm averaging 15mpg at the min i'm glad I took the plunge - such nice cars!

Happy hunting!

11. rjm180

rjm180 Active Member

Congrats Lincoln and welcome to V8 ownership

12. l1lbill

l1lbill New Member

lincoln that sounds like exactly the sort of car im after. 04, reasonable mileage, manual and with an extended warrenty sounds ideal.