Looking for a 3" downpipe and a decat for my 180 quattro ARY.

benclarke

Reaction score
Struggling to find anything that isn't labelled up for an s3 and i'm not sure whether the fitments would be the same.

Any ideas folks?

Unfortunately an A3 1.8t or an S3 will not fit it needs to be a 1.8t flange (ko3/s )and an s3 downpipe... many TQS owners are in the same boat...
so it will be some sort of custom job ...

Unfortunately an A3 1.8t or an S3 will not fit it needs to be a 1.8t flange (ko3/s )and an s3 downpipe... many TQS owners are in the same boat...
so it will be some sort of custom job ...

Thanks Dave, maybe I should start by buying an aftermarket s3 downpipe and a second hand 1.8t one and seeing what I can do.

I was at bills this morning and got my car rolling roaded. Quite happy as the car is standard apart from a 007p and n249 bypass the car produced 175bhp and this was with a dead MAF!

I spoke to him about a 3" downpipe and told me that he thought you would struggle to find one for this engine.
I stumbled across this on ebay and it specifies the ARY engine. I wonder whether it will actually fit and whether its worth a punt?
If it doesnt fit then surely they will take it back under the grounds of false advertising?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Let me know what you think , cheers.

Looks ok but may need tweaking to fit a TQS... normally A3 DP's don't have the prop to deal with... surprised Bill didn't offer to make one...

<tuffty/>

That's just a generic ebay downpipe I'm afraid, and definitely won't fit a TQ. Take a look in Marcus's thread (AliasDJ) for what he had to do to get an ebay downpipe to fit the TQ.

To my knowledge, nobody makes one yet at all. Don't go buying an S3 one and expecting a cut and shut fit either, it just won't happen, and will end up costing you more than a custom job!

Tufty cheers mate, its an ARY - and I did talk to him about him making me one, its on the cards :p
Just saw this on ebay and thought surely it wasn't right.

I was talking to bill about maps today and I think I have decided to hold out until my car is ready for a stage two. Now I just need to decide what to get. I think im going to go for a welly cooler, although the thread about the AH one you did does look good. A 3" downpipe and a catback system, along with some form of intake.

I even got into conversation about a hybrid turbo, but I think that can wait for a while!

Ahhhh, a lovely tqs downpipe thread.

42 Draft Designs make one, but it'll set you back £320 and is actually marketed as a tt 180 downpipe. It's that, chop the cats off your standard one and be happy, or get a custom one made up. Either way, the tqs downpipe set up sucks hairy dogs balls.

I will be going for the chop the cats off and be happy option I think as its cheap and cheerful, but will give that lovely noise that a decat gives, plus it'll mean that i can extend the 3" pipework a bit closer to the downpipe

When i stop wasting money on unnecessary bits, i'll get an eBay special I think but at the moment I am running the stock tip.

We're in the same boat really, I'll start up a progress thread when I have stuff to show. I'll definitely keep an eye on yours.

Maybe contact piper exhausts. They've recently done a lot of new systems for cars they previously didn't do or remade some of their old systems. The systems were free to the customers that donated their cars for trial I think but don't quote me on that. Just say that there's constant interest and questions being asked on the forum would they be interested in looking into it.

Cheers for that Jason, I know a chap who did the same with his clio at forge.
Maybe I will give them a call.