Q3 Looking at the Q2, any advice?

Joetidman

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at the Q2 for my wife. She is test driving on Saturday. Now I am just about to trade in my S3 for an S3 Sportback, so I know the Audi range fairly well, and the Q2 appears to be based on the A3 underneath, so just wondering if anyone has any views on the Q2 itself? Ideally any views on options that work well with it, alloys, engine etc? I'm thinking Sline 1.4TSI with Stronic gearbox. Is that pokey enough in this size car? I'm used to massive power, but my wife just needs something fairly swift, quiet and comfortable, that rides pretty well and can carry my kids and all their crap. She is coming from a Kia Sportage, which whilst it doesn't have the badge or class of the Audi, is bulletproof and nice to look at

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bought a Q2 1.4tfsi COD Sport in January to replace an A3 2.0tdi SE Both in manual. Both have the same power (150 ps) but I think the diesel had a bit more torque. Interior comfort is just like an A3, which is hardly surprising given the platform.
I'm really happy with the ride and the way it gets down the road; minimal roll in corners which I found quite surprising given the (slightly) higher driving position. Economy isn't as good in the Q2 but more than adequate. Motorways trips where I used to get 60mpg in the A3, I get 50mpg in the Q2. Round town we get high 30's.
I got powered tailgate, LED lights, cruise control, Connect with Virtual Cockpit, Ara paint, and front and rear parking sensors. There is a Wifi hotspot facility but it's an additional subscription.
I tried the S-tronic on a test drive, which I found to be really smooth, but my wife doesn't like automatics so we have a manual.
Of the options I have I suppose the only must-haves would be the parking sensors and the power tailgate.

Both of us think it's the best option for us; we considered the Sportage, but just felt it was a bit too large for what we needed.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Q2.

Reactions: Joetidman
Great write-up, thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No problem. I've put some pictures in the picture sticky if you want to see Ara blue on the car.

Reactions: Joetidman
Why not look at a Q3? That too I believe is based on the A3 chassis As it has the same size interior as the A3 but a slightly longer boot (about 6" longer than the A3). I swapped my S3 Sportback for a Q3 just on a year ago, and absolutely love it, big enough and roomy enough for comfortable cruising, not stupidly big for parking at supermarket car parks. Downside is that the dash is the same as the A1 but still fu Clio all and practical.

I did test drive a Q2 recently, and have to say I was disappointed. Performance was good but I found it to be a very bumpy and harsh ride amongst other things. Ok it had the latest technology, but myself, I was not happy with the drive and will give it a year or so for the model to bed in before I consider it again.

Just my opinion mind.