Looking at getting an 8p3 audi s3...

Lewbo

Reaction score
Hi all am looking at getting myself an facelift 2009 audi s3 alway wanted one and think am in the right position to get one, I currently have a 57 a3 s line and was wondering what I should put it up for sale for here is the spec
Audi a3 2.0 TFSI S line DSG 3 door December 2007 '57' ibis White currently showing 44500 miles, with ultimate factory fitted spec which is;
Bose sound system
Sat-nav RNSE
Bi-xenon drl headlights
Two tone nappa leather (heated)
Auto wipers/lights
Coming/leaving home function
Phone prep in leather armrest
Bluetooth
Auto dimming rear view mirror
Privacy glass
Power folding mirrors
iPod dock in glovebox
Rear parking distance sensors
Storage pack
Multi-function
And few more I can't think off lol

Since owning the car I have fitted
genuine audi s3 front and rear bumpers and Sideskirts
Flat bottom mult-function steering wheel
Genuine 19" a6 s line alloys (rs4 style)
My11 rear lights
S3 air vents
The car Has 10 months tax and 4 months m.o.t. Full service history and had a full service at 40k also dsg oil change at 40k and have receipts for everything and is fully hpi clear.

Knowing what I can get for the car then I know how much I will need to put towards an s3 which I cant wait for

Thanks

I doubt you'll get anywhere near £15k for it, you can get a similar aged S3 for about that price, maybe even a little less.
I reckon you'll get about £12k, give or take a few hundred.

Also, why is it 250bhp?? You had it mapped?? Or is that just a mistake?

Thanks n8 I thought something between 14-15k, it's worth more than 12k ads I have been looking around and standard s lines the same age and mileage are around 12k and mine has tones of extras, will be interested as to what other people think though, but it have to think it's worth what someone what's to pay too.
Yea forgot to say it's been mapped and had it on the rollers and it's running at 250bhp

Standard you meaning take off everything such as s3 kit, fbmfsw, and wheels???

If it's in 'good' condition then I reckon your looking at around the 11 or 12 mark, as mentioned above by Lingy people like that kind of spec on a standard car generally for that kind of money. Having said that with the S3 looks and all those toys to play with I wouldnt be suprised whether you get the odd punter who's eyes light up and are willing to go a bit further north of that figure.

I'm thinking 15k is a bit rich tbh but even if that is knocking on the door of similar age S3 money your not going to have anywhere near that spec.

See what responses you get at a mid range price .for me a car is worth what a buyer wants to pay .Lots of people who sell there cars always look to the higher end of the market for valuations which is a risk and could leave you holding onto it for longer .I used to sell cars ,I always sold them faster with a realistic price attached .
If i were you i would offer it as modded that can be returned to a normal spec .
Put some pics on mate ?

Thanks n8 I thought something between 14-15k, it's worth more than 12k ads I have been looking around and standard s lines the same age and mileage are around 12k and mine has tones of extras, will be interested as to what other people think though, but it have to think it's worth what someone what's to pay too.
Yea forgot to say it's been mapped and had it on the rollers and it's running at 250bhp

I think you might get a surprise when you put it up for sale to be honest mate.
I, and I bet most people who keep half an eye on the used car market, just wouldn't pay £15k for an 2007 2.0TFSI, especially not when you can get a 2007 S3 for the same money.
Yours might have a better spec than some of those S3s, but the S3 has a better engine/suspension/brakes/quattro/etc etc etc.

But as you say, you might find someone who jumps in and is willing to pay that much for it.

Last edited:
Maybe there is s3's are up for 15k not have nowhere near the smilar
Spec to mine and also the running costs insurance and tax ect is alot more, where as with mine it has everything of an s3 except for quattro and 15bhp less. So maybe will appeal to people more am not sure. So you reckon I should put up for top price of 14.5k and go from there? I seen s line 2 months ago on trader with exactly the same spec but was 2.0 tdi and was up for 16.5k and sold had 15k less miles than mine. The Market is all over the place at the minute. Also the 8p2 s line is very rare in ibis White like mine so maybe worth more than just a black or red one with everyone wanting White at the minute.

mine it has everything of an s3 except for quattro and 15bhp less.

There are a lot more differences between an A3 and an S3 than that.

All I'm saying is don't price it too high otherwise you'll probably be sitting on it for a long time. And if its unsold for too long then prices could drop further meaning eventually you might have to sell it for even less than what it is currently worth.

Get pics of it up now, you've done alot of work and its similar spec to mine, I should imagine around the £15k mark?

Dosent look like a silver SB to me and the wheels are the wrong colour ??

FWIW I agreed on 16K for my S3, fully loaded, 35k miles, 57plate, mint car in sprint blue with FASH. That was 4months ago and took 4 weeks to sell.

Paul

As above really I would say £13k tops to be honest. You won't get £15k for it. I paid that for mine 16 months ago with 19k on the clock. Spec is in my sig...

Reactions: paddy
Just my 2p worth, I've just bought my S3, 2007 plate with Nav, 2 tone leather, bluetooth, sunroof etc and paid £17K with 9K on the clock.

Needless to say it's not short of being mint!!

Thought it might help with your pricing.

Here are a few quick pics of my car
04ffe6bc.jpg

77478f83.jpg

fbe8a7d8.jpg

3b222f26.jpg

Considering what you have done to your car and what it looks like, I am struggling to work out exactly why your getting an S3.... :think:

Cant see there been alot of difference between mine and and a standard s3 to be honest, my car has been mapped and is proven to be running at 250, and my power curve is perfect, nice perfect line. there is power all the way to 7,000 rpm that's my peak power of 250, so I never drop off power especailly with It been dsg also changes instantly, I have left cars for dust such as focus st, astra vxr, Volvo t5 and not far behind new focus rs believe it or not. So if I got one would have to be remapped right away lol.

Cant see there been alot of difference between mine and and a standard s3 to be honest, my car has been mapped and is proven to be running at 250, and my power curve is perfect, nice perfect line. there is power all the way to 7,000 rpm that's my peak power of 250, so I never drop off power especailly with It been dsg also changes instantly, I have left cars for dust such as focus st, astra vxr, Volvo t5 and not far behind new focus rs believe it or not. So if I got one would have to be remapped right away lol.

Hence my earlier question!! Fair enough on the remap thing, but surely with the cost to change being around £4k, you could spend that money (probably less) to increase the mods on yours...

i got offered £10.5k from a stealer (grabbing b*st*rds!!) for my 8P3 SB, so would hope for £12.5k for private sale at the most. (see sig for spec). plus as others have mentioned, i'd prefer standard than mod'ed if i was buying but ohmo

thought this might help.

As much as it you may not like to admit it, an A3 will never be the same as an S3. You could have the same body kit, same interior specs, same suspension, same wheels, same performance (which is debatable in this case as a simple remap to an S3 will take it straight out of your league) but the S3 will STILL be worth [a lot?] more, because it's an S3.

Reactions: Willsey
I've been offere £14.5k for my 50k S3 2007 S3 with Nav, comfort pack, iPod dock, cruise, bluetooth, lumbar, tyre pressure sensor, FBMFSW, armrest luggage pack, tin top windscreen, adaptive bi-xenons, bose sound system, through load, FASH & Audi MoT's (trade in against another new S3).

Whilst it's well specced, hasn't been monstered by kids (don't have any), and has been garaged all it's life the justification for the price at Audi was that options are something you need to be prepared to pay for and lose money on later - they will help with a sale, but they won't intrinsically add much value unless the buyer is specifically prepared to pay extra (e.g. like nav or buckets).

You are free to put it at any price you like then change it, but the risk is if you put serious buyers off from the off, they may not come back and go elsewhere.

Last edited:
the justification for the price at Audi was that options are something you need to be prepared to pay for and loose money on later - they will help with a sale, but they won't intrinsically add much value unless the buyer is specifically prepared to pay extra (e.g. like nav or buckets).

This boils my p!ss. They are complete tossers.

I have heard this rubbish too Warren and yet while they stand there spouting this rot they, have used S3s on the forecourt for £30+.

I once challenged this when I was looking for mine and was told "...well Sir, you cant expect some one to spend all that money on options and then dis regard their value on a used car...blah..."
C0ckheads.
Hurumph.

Paul

I have heard this rubbish too Warren and yet while they stand there spouting this rot they, have used S3s on the forecourt for £30+.

What makes me laugh even more is the previous salesman told me "If you fail to spec your new S3 to the right level you will loose value on it at resale time"(!).

Supposedly nav adds about £500 to base, and interestingly a saleable colour holds value (silver / black / grey / blue), whereas statement colours (yellow / orange) can see values reduced further.

From all this wisdom it says buy a plain black ex-demo ex Audi UK car heavily discounted with a FASH and be done with it!

What makes me laugh even more is the previous salesman told me "If you fail to spec your new S3 to the right level you will loose value on it at resale time"(!).

Supposedly nav adds about £500 to base, and interestingly a saleable colour holds value (silver / black / grey / blue), whereas statement colours (yellow / orange) can see values reduced further.

From all this wisdom it says buy a plain black ex-demo ex Audi UK car heavily discounted with a FASH and be done with it!

Thats what I believe mine was. It appears to have nearly every extra, apart from bucket seats..
I have never bought a car new, and never wish to until I have silly money to through around, as you loose ££££s as soon as you turn the key..
But, I still think that when people look for an S3, the seem to first see if it has BOSE, then MMI headunit, then colour of interior.. Xenons also.. Other extras such as tins, heated seats etc seem to be a bonus (IMO).

This boils my p!ss. They are complete tossers.

I once challenged this when I was looking for mine and was told "...well Sir, you cant expect some one to spend all that money on options and then dis regard their value on a used car...blah..."
C0ckheads.
Hurumph.

Paul

£30..erh ? as much as that. :)

a fwd set up running that power will be lighter though. we all forgot the most important thing that goes with power and thats vehicle weight.

on a roll i would have the 2.0T maybe edging forward with those numbers or bang on par. overall on a drag strip or on a very long stretch the s3 would pull back some ground because of the bigger turbo.

At the end of the day the S3 has a more solid platform, You can do more to it, It has the right chassis set up and everything. It may not feel as nifty when rolling as your 2.0T did because of the weight when stock but the old saying goes the bigger the better. its a K04 vs a K03 the little K03 will run out of puff in the end.

EDIT:

just for the record, Im talking the OPs motor against a standard S3 on the performance side. Im all for the S3 on this one aswell just wanted to mention the points above.

I think the asking price for the modification is good to us but to potential buyers im not sure. its fully specd as an S3 but by the time you factor in insurance for all the modifications and stuff. Why would people choose your car over a genuine S3?

just as an example i paid 12.5k for my car with a years warranty from a dealer, The only thing my car really lacked was xenons (which you yourself have retrofitted) and the interior light pack. I bought it with 37k on the clock and the reason mine had a high price tag was because of the engine. Across the board the 1.8T is the least common in the 8P. They are still holding a good price around there, I think the strongest selling point of the car is the color, Price it realistically against a lower mileage 2.0T but with all your spec that will allow the buyers to overlook the lower mileage model to yours with a better spec.

Last edited: