1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking at buying a B6 Cab

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Andy27168, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Andy27168

Andy27168 Member

[Mar 27, 2013]
    Hi,
    I,m viewing a 2006 B7 Cab 3.0TDI Quattro Sport with manual six speed box in a very dark bue with loads of toys, and has covered 77k miles, this the second time I have viewed the car but due to the snow at the time I was unable to test drive it. But subject to a satisfactory test drive friday I will be buying it.
    What I would like to know is what I should looking out for on the car either as means of price haggling or indeed to stay away from it.
    Also could anyone tell me what sort of mpg I,m likely to get out of it, any comments appreciated.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. VagCabby

VagCabby Member

[Mar 27, 2013]
    Common things to break on the b6/b7 are...

The glove box hinge
    The armrest clip/catch
    Roof storage box in the boot (cable usually breaks the plastic mounts which causes the box not to fold up)
    Obviously check the roof opens and closes as it should
    Check the front seats recline forward as they should to let in rear passengers.
  4. Amason007

Amason007 Member

[Mar 27, 2013]
    As Vgcabby says "Obviously check the roof opens and closes as it should" but also check that the yellow roof light on the dash goes out approx same time as all the other lights when first turning on the ignition. If it continues to flash, approx 10 times, it is showing that there is a fault with one of the sensors/switches etc.

Andy

5. Andy27168

Andy27168 Member

[Mar 27, 2013]
    Cheers for the comments guys have checked the glove box, and the hinge is still intact, though it does,nt seem to open very wide so I will be looking to lube the damper assembly of the glove box as soon as I get it.
    I have,nt managed to chek the hood because of the snow when I last visit, but will ensure it operates ok, and will especially look out for the yellow warnng light on the dash when I start it up and operate the roof.
    Anything specific to look for in the engine?
  6. Amason007

Amason007 Member

[Mar 27, 2013]
    Cambelt, pulleys and water pump changed. Not sure if and when these are due on a 2006 B7 Cab 3.0TDI Quattro Sport though. But not cheap to do if it has not? But should say if it has FSH!
  7. Andy27168

Andy27168 Member

[Mar 28, 2013]
    Well the car I,m buying is due a service now so rather than get the dealer to do it, I have chipped him £500 on the asking price so I can bring the service history up to date and cover the £458 that the main dealer wants for a major service.
    I thought these engines had a timing chain?
  8. A4_MaJiK

A4_MaJiK Azeem

[Mar 28, 2013]
    3.0TDI is chain driven. Common engine problems are the intake manifold (swirl port) flaps failure but I've been told you get an engine light when this occurs. Other than that it is a peach of an engine especially launching it with a manual box, puts a smile on my face everytime. :sm4:
    Andy27168 likes this.