Looking at a 1.8 non turbo A3

cant view the link but 98k is nothing to frown about. these cars are old now so thats fairly low mileage.

Just want to make sure its been looked after

Thanks. It's had a cam belt and water pump in the last year. But it also says "
New clocks fitted last year bought from BBA reman." Does this mean the DIS was faulty?

As said, 98k is nothing. Depending on their requirements, I'd recommend getting a turbo. Although if it's just a cheap runaround, I guess it doesn't matter

Could be a number of things if it went to BBM reman tbh....but there work is guaranteed.

Maybe worth asking what was done and what the receipt is for.

Any particular reason why your friend isn't looking at a turbo version A3?

He is 19 and insurance is an issue. I will ask him to see how much insurance is otherwise though. Thanks for the help.

Yeah it may be worth running a few 1.8t registrations through for quotes....there are a few lads on here in there late teens that manage to insure them.

Reactions: Pubemammal
I brought mine when I was 19 insurance was £2300 but still paid it as they are ace

I'm only 21 and paying £1,150 for the year with only 1 Years NCB for my A3T

That's nothing I paid around £3.000 for a 1.2 Corsa B when I was 18, I lived in a ****ty Town 10Miles outside of Liverpool at the time haha

Wow, you must have really P1ssed off the insurance company some how!
Maybe they just dont like corsa's

best to just shop around, try adrian flux, greenlight,sky to name a few

yeah id recomend getting a quote for a turbo you wont regret it even if its a bit more on insurance will soon come down