1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking at 2001 S4 (rebuilt title)

joojoo2915 Mar 18, 2008

1. joojoo2915

joojoo2915 New Member

So I have always wanted to get an Audi, and now that I am about to graduate college with a good job offer I have been looking more seriously at the B5 S4s. Today driving home from work I see a very nice looking 2001 S4 for sale on the side of the street. I live in a pretty small town so finding an S4 is a rarity (I was assuming I was going to have drive at least 300 miles to get one). I call up and find out the guy is asking for $10k - $11k because the car has a rebuilt title. According to him the car is from California and they ran over a curb so his uncle took it in and fixed it up.

To the point, I have purchased several vehicles in my life, so I understand the basics, but I was hoping to find out things to look for specifically? Is it even worth looking at a car with a rebuilt title? I would, of course, take the car to a mechanic if I decided to purchase it but are there things that I could look for before it even got to the mechanic point? Problems with B5 S4's that would be apparent? Anything else I should know? Thanks!

2. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

What is a 'rebuilt title'? US phrase?

3. 951

951 Member

Its the usa equivelent to our cat C/D damaged/repaired !!

4. billybravo

billybravo Active Member

i wouldnt pay that much for it mate

5. celsisone

celsisone Member

you need to find out how much damage was on the car and what was repaired.

6. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Plus check say Autotrader.com and see what they book at and then deduct the fact it was salvage and you will have a better idea of value.