1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looked at An A4 but .....not sure

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by nosaj, Jul 5, 2008.

1. nosaj

nosaj New Member

[Jul 5, 2008]
    hi there
    i went and looked at an A4

now in one paper it said

Audi A4 1.9 tdi 130

and in another paper the same car said

Audi A4 1.9 tdi 130 sports quattro

is this just a mistake and whats to look for between the 2 types when viewing
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 20, 2014]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 5, 2008]
    Well the quattro bit should be obvious, make sure it has the driveshafts to the back wheels as well as any boot and interior badges! 1.9TDi quattros are few and far between but obviously do exist! Sport spec is a trim level, should include lowered suspension, sport seats and probably 17" wheels amongst other things.

I don't know too much about 1.9's but I think i am correct in saying the 130 will have will a red i In the rear TDi badge, but badges are replaceable so I would double check with an engine code to confirm - sorry not too sure what you would be looking for there. Any Hpi/RAC check should flag this up. I would think quattros were only available in 130 guise, but I dont know this for a fact.

HTH
  4. samuelt

samuelt Member

[Jul 5, 2008]
    Hi

the 130 TDI 2x4's have a twin exhaust on the left hand side and the 4x4's have single exhuasts on each side. Quattros have Quattro writen on the glove box trim. Make sure that the data tag in the boot has 96kw on it as this proves it is a 130bhp as a Red I bage cost £5 and ads £££ to the price.
  5. nosaj

nosaj New Member

[Jul 5, 2008]
    yer i new about the 4x4 bits but wasnt sure about the diffrence in interior

cheers peeps
  6. evilscotsman

evilscotsman Space Cowboy

[Jul 5, 2008]
    also if its a sport then the shock absorbers (if oem) are red and the ride height is much lower, and very stiff.