Longest wait for an A3

vanaaken

Reaction score
Whats the longest anyones had to wait for there A3 from placing the order to getting it delivered, I ordered mine on the 30th of Jan and I'm still waiting for a delivery date, all I know is its not going to be a facelift model! I've got a feeling I'm going to be into June before I see it! Over 4 months is long time to wait for a car, esp when your current car is a 1.6 HDi Peugeot 407 SW urghhhh

Mark

Whats the longest anyones had to wait for there A3 from placing the order to getting it delivered, I ordered mine on the 30th of Jan and I'm still waiting for a delivery date, all I know is its not going to be a facelift model! I've got a feeling I'm going to be into June before I see it! Over 4 months is long time to wait for a car, esp when your current car is a 1.6 HDi Peugeot 407 SW urghhhh

Mark

I ordered an S3 last month and was initially told it would probably be July or maybe August before it arrived. A couple of weeks later they then phoned me back and told me it would probably September, so I cancelled the order and got one from another dealer that had a couple already on order (should get it in the next couple of weeks). As you say, 4/5 months is a long time to wait.

Assuming it is an A3 you're ordering, rather than an S3.
We ordered an A3 sportback 1.9tdi special edition mid-December.
The delivery date was originally advised as 1/4/08, but we got it 5/3/08.
I would say your wait is excessive.

Just been reading some other posts, think they delay might be down to the fact I've ordered the 1.4TFSi can't meet supply and demand, starting to wish I'd gone for the 2.0TDi 140BHP, at the time it was either the 1.4TFSi Sport model or the standard 2.0TDi 140BHP, went for the 1.4 as obviously more spec, but at this rate it seems I'm never going to get to enjoy it!

Might ask them if they will upgrade me to an S3 for the amount of time I had to wait! :laugh: Think the polite answer will be NO lol.