Longest lasting tyres

StateOfPlay

Reaction score
Company picking up the cost so no issue on price.

Need two new front tyres, 235 45 17 and I currently have Goodyear.

What tyre make would you use to get the most miles?

michelins seem to do the miles normally perish before they wear out!!

I have Michelin PS2's on my A6 255/35/19 and have just ticked over 25k and still showing 4mm tread all round.

Uniroyal is also another to consider - Michelin make them in their various factories and provide the same high quality and long wearing tyre.

Toyo Proxes TR 1s, 22.5k driven hard 3mm left, and they have been awesome wet & dry

Mac

I have Michelin PS2's on my A6 255/35/19 and have just ticked over 25k and still showing 4mm tread all round.

Uniroyal is also another to consider - Michelin make them in their various factories and provide the same high quality and long wearing tyre.
No - owned by Conti, but there was a link in the US with Mich. A premium owner either way...

You sure - just done a search and says Michelin own them?

That's what KwikFit told me so going by their word.

Got Uniroyal Rain Sport 2's on mine and they seem to last very well indeed with great grip wet and dry.

Mind you, if cost no option then Michelins and Goodyear last well.

You sure - just done a search and says Michelin own them?

That's what KwikFit told me so going by their word.

I used to buy tyres for Michelin's fast-fit subsidiary, and that was the case then anyway. It was a few years ago though, and I'm less of a tyre snob these days. Not a fan of KF though, and would only use as a last resort, and then only for my 10 yr old Skoda. Saying that, your man may be right and you may be lucky...

Just changed to Conti 5's....done about 10k km's and there plenty of life in them. Great in the wet....absolute confidence in any surface water. rainy condition...I think they are best tyre I have ever had actually....and quieter than the Conti' 3's. If the company are picking up the tab, then why would you want the best wearing....wouldn't you prefer safest, best grip and lowest road noise?

Cheers
A