1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

long shot - radio codes

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by sleep envy, Apr 13, 2008.

1. sleep envy

sleep envy Member

[Apr 13, 2008]
    Mrs Envy's car had a flat battery when I took it for its MOT last week so I stuck a new one in

aside from worn wiper blades it sailed through so I thought all was good - how far from the truth was I...

no radio code = no tunes :keule:

car and house has been turned upside down today in search of the errant code without joy

anyone know where I can find the codes on line - can't be arsed to head down to the dealer and convince them that a quick search on a hard drive isn't worth £20 (+VAT) of their time
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 14, 2008]
    I don't think you will find the radio codes anywhere other than through the dealer. Basically they enter the VIN number of the car into Audi's main computer system to find the appropiate radio code.
  4. jmohide

jmohide Member

[Apr 14, 2008]
    I had the same problem! Tried one of those online companies and they ended up refunding the money as they said I would have to send in the radio, which defeats the object. So I went to my loacal Audi, they took the serial number off the radio and said they would text me the radio code, next morning had the code and radio all going, and they didn't charge me!! :thumbsup:
  5. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

[Apr 15, 2008]
    Yeah they shouldn't charge yo ufor a quick search like that
  6. mattandrew

mattandrew Member VCDS Map User

[May 15, 2008]
    I am going to sell my old concert headunit on ebay once ive fitted double din, currently i dont have a radio code.
    Am i right in thinking that its when you put the head unit in a different VIN vehicle that it will ask for the PIN?
  7. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member

[May 15, 2008]
    Yes, that will usually be the case.
  8. anty

anty Member

[May 16, 2008]
    My radio code was given to me in my concert radio booklet inside the front page, 4 digit code i think. The booklet was in my folder along with the servicing book, manual etcetc

Good luck.
  9. sleep envy

sleep envy Member

[May 18, 2008]
    cheers - it's not an audi but I found the card with the code, it was in here driving licence holder

:banghead:
  10. mattandrew

mattandrew Member VCDS Map User

[May 20, 2008]
    Just called various Audi sevice departments to get my code

Chesterfield Audi
    You will need to bring the car to us so we can plug it into the computer to get the code - £20

Sheffield Audi
    Same but £25

Derby Audi
    Smae £25

So I thought I would try one last stealer
    Macclesfield Audi
    Spoke to nice girl in service
    Matt - I have misplaced my radio code
    Audi - You will need to bring the car to us so we can get the serial number of the radio and check it on the Audi central computer.
    Matt - If I remove the radio and get the serial number and give it you over the phone will that do"
    Audi - Yes
    Matt - Will there be a charge
    Audi - No, just give us an hour and we will call you back

RESULT
    Well nearly, as soon as the girlfriend get back with the car ill be calling them.​