1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Delivery Timescales and Risk of Price Increases

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by Zig, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Zig

Zig Member

[Mar 25, 2013]
    As we are now starting to get some long delivery timescales for the new A3 Sportback, is there exposure to prices increases Audi UK may introduce (say to cover providing DAB radio as standard) or is it the case that once an order is placed, that the dealer, supported by Audi UK, will honour the original order price?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Gazzz

Gazzz Member

[Mar 25, 2013]
    My understanding is that once the order is placed with the factory, the price is fixed. I guess this means that the risk to price increases depends on the honesty of your dealer. If they accept you order and place it right away, you should be fine. If they are sitting on it until they have more build slots available to them (new month?) and then placing the order, there could be a risk of a price increase in that time. If this did happen, I'd be expecting them to take the hit, but if they are saying things like "there's a risk the price might go up", it might be a good indication that they're adding an extra delay to your order waiting for more slots to be allocated to them
  4. Chelmersteve

Chelmersteve Member

[Mar 25, 2013]
    If you have a proper order form with the agreed price, and you have paid some sort of deposit (consideration) then that's it unless there is any variation clause in the T's and C's.

I expect there'll be a new price list on April 1st
  5. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member

[Mar 25, 2013]
    A signed order is a signed contract , and unless t and c stated otherwise normally cannot be changed after 7 days of agreement . Mine was signed over 3 months ago!

Sean