Logs And Fault Codes

cecilthesausage

...It's Never Finished...
Reaction score
Hi all my pal done some logs for me today but I haven't got a f@@kin scooby do about what I'm looking for any help would be gratefully appreciated....
39600938.jpg
3e218d4c.jpg
9ee1975d.jpg
7bd2a134.jpg
ff87f601.jpg
b06054d6.jpg

Also lots and lots of fault codes what a joy it is owning an S f@@kin 3
84f1bf5b.jpg
3b13283f.jpg
ac904067.jpg

Any help from my peers is appreciated Cheers Rob

hummm... first things first is to save all the codes for reference then clear them to see what comes back... (assuming you haven't already)

The haldex one is a worry as that suggests its not working especially if there is no comms... check the fuse in the first instance (typically removed for dyno days etc...) and then the earth strap to the rear subframe as these are known to corrode and you will loose power to the haldex and not get comms...

What map is that? looks like all they have done is turned up the boost... I would suggest logging blocks 002 (airflow), 031 (fuel) and 115 (boost) in the first instance... the runs look short so do them wit the engine warmed to 90deg, third gear from 2000 rpm to as close as you can safely/legally get to the redline... foot to the floor all the way for max load....

As you are using Win7, use the snipping tool to do the screen grabs and upload those rather than phone cam shots...

Log all 3 blocks together so the data has context... no point in trying to diagnose airflow issues without knowing what fuelling and boost is doing... then you need to log timing pull on block 020 so substitute fuelling (block 031) on that run...

<tuffty/>

My Haldex doesn't have a fuse in it Paul... I think cos it's APY non ESP.. I asked Welly what logs to do and he said 001,020,115, and 118 but my mate done 002 by mistake I have all 3 of these logs side by side but don't know how to upload them plus I have the Timing pull as well... My Haldex clicks all the time when I turn my ignition on without starting up... My friend says it's something to do with the can bus... That's why I couldn't get it Dyno,d last time I went. The map is from a place round our way he puts it on takes it for a few drives and then gives it you back I don't think it up to much

Last edited:
Ye I think that has something to do with it Dave... But it works ok apart from the clicking sound