1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locking Wheel nuts - Which ones?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by dickys3, Mar 3, 2004.

1. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 3, 2004]
    Hi all,
    I'm going to pop into my local halfords on the way home tonight to get some of those macguard ones. I've had a look at them before but couldn't see which ones were for my S3 (standard 17'' alloys).

I know that when I ask the salesperson tonight which ones are for my car he's not going to know what a S3 is and he will try selling me ones for the A3. Are these the same ones?

Can anyone recommend this make - macguard?

Thanks
    Rich.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 3, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    DickyS3 said:
    Hi all,
    I'm going to pop into my local halfords on the way home tonight to get some of those macguard ones. I've had a look at them before but couldn't see which ones were for my S3 (standard 17'' alloys).

I know that when I ask the salesperson tonight which ones are for my car he's not going to know what a S3 is and he will try selling me ones for the A3. Are these the same ones?

Can anyone recommend this make - macguard?

Thanks
    Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Macguard ones are good.. and A3/S3... same thing.

Rich
  4. TheTonsta

TheTonsta Member

[Mar 3, 2004]
    What's so good about the MacGuard ones? Are they a huge amount better than my standard locking jobs?
  5. TheTonsta

TheTonsta Member

[Mar 3, 2004]
    And please no one say they're the nuts..
  6. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 3, 2004]
    I've heard that there are not many combinations with the standard audi ones, so if the theiving gypsy's get some keys, they may get your wheels.
  7. NWMark

NWMark Member

[Mar 3, 2004]
    Although the McGard ones are thatcham rated and win most of the magazine awards i know of at least 3 sets of wheels that have been stolen with these nuts in place (one set where mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif). And there have been many more wheels stolen (from fords) but i couldnt say that these had McGard on or not

They are standard fit on Fords and someone must have a master key of some sort, as one set of wheels that where stolen all the nuts where left behind and they never even had a scratch on them?!?!?!?!?

Mark