Locking Wheel nuts - Which ones?

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm going to pop into my local halfords on the way home tonight to get some of those macguard ones. I've had a look at them before but couldn't see which ones were for my S3 (standard 17'' alloys).

I know that when I ask the salesperson tonight which ones are for my car he's not going to know what a S3 is and he will try selling me ones for the A3. Are these the same ones?

Can anyone recommend this make - macguard?

Thanks
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
Hi all,
I'm going to pop into my local halfords on the way home tonight to get some of those macguard ones. I've had a look at them before but couldn't see which ones were for my S3 (standard 17'' alloys).

I know that when I ask the salesperson tonight which ones are for my car he's not going to know what a S3 is and he will try selling me ones for the A3. Are these the same ones?

Can anyone recommend this make - macguard?

Thanks
Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Macguard ones are good.. and A3/S3... same thing.

Rich

What's so good about the MacGuard ones? Are they a huge amount better than my standard locking jobs?

I've heard that there are not many combinations with the standard audi ones, so if the theiving gypsy's get some keys, they may get your wheels.

Although the McGard ones are thatcham rated and win most of the magazine awards i know of at least 3 sets of wheels that have been stolen with these nuts in place (one set where mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif). And there have been many more wheels stolen (from fords) but i couldnt say that these had McGard on or not

They are standard fit on Fords and someone must have a master key of some sort, as one set of wheels that where stolen all the nuts where left behind and they never even had a scratch on them?!?!?!?!?

Mark