1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locking Wheel Nut - Replacement Cost?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Hellz, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Hellz

Hellz Geordie Racer

[Mar 26, 2010]
    Hi All,

I can't seem to find the locking wheel nut for my car - not sure I was ever given it and I've never had to take the wheels off yet! However, I'm considering getting the wheels powder-coated soon so in preparation have been looking for the locking nut.

Anyone had to contact AUDI in the past to replace a locking nut and if so, whats the likely cost involved?

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

[Mar 26, 2010]
    If I remember correctly, they do not sell them separately, you have to buy a new set.
  4. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

[Mar 26, 2010]
    Plus, each key is unique, you won't be able to get a replacement i don't think
  5. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

[Mar 26, 2010]
    You can get the removal adapter from Audi for about £25 but there are twenty different codes (from 06/04) and you will obviously need to know which one ! You could try and Google the patterns ( I think I've seen them somewhere ) and match one of them to your requirements.

Just thought Audi may be able to tell the code from your VIN number ! :icon_thumright:
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010