1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locking wheel nut help please!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by future, Jul 30, 2011.

1. future

future Scuderia Vittoria Edition 001

[Jul 30, 2011]
    Does anyone in the new Milton/Christchurch or close area have a locking wheel nut tool for an 8l s3 please? I have my only day off tomorrow to fit my coilovers and can't did mine :( any help much appreciated and I'm sure there can e some beers somewhere :)

Cheers
    tom
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 30, 2011]
    Can't help you out personally, but it would be more helpful if you post a pic of the type of locking nut you have?
  4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 30, 2011]
    Also if someone has a solution can you PM rather than give a 'how to' for tea leafs
  5. A3 T

A3 T Lord Of The Rings

[Jul 30, 2011]
    Pm sent ;)

EDIT:

I just want to add .... Can everyone please not send me a load of pm’s asking me how its done like you did the last time i posted something like this ;)
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  6. Inertiauk

Inertiauk Member

[Jul 31, 2011]
    I have lost mine too, so I rang Audi hoping they would associate my Reg with the correct key.

They said I have to go down with the car, they will have a look and order me a key, then I have to go back for it a few days after. All the while not getting a puncture lol.

My Car is off the road right now, but this will have to be the first job once its back.
  7. Jgould

Jgould MY ARS3!!!

[Jul 31, 2011]
    Audi have boxes of keys as they are numbered and or carry a letter so when they charge u for removing the nuts they simply select the right key and whip em off theiving scum
  8. future

future Scuderia Vittoria Edition 001

[Jul 31, 2011]
    All sorted now thank you :) wasn't as difficult as I thought!

Tom
  9. Dubstep

Dubstep Member

[Jul 31, 2011]
    There are 12 different key variations for the A3/S3 from 98-03. when i first got my S3 i had no key, Fortunately for me a work mate who owns an S3 a few years younger than mine had one that fitted my nuts perfectly. I took that key to the stealers and they charged me around £30 for a new key, Happy i could now remove my wheels but felt robbed at the price as i could get a set of McGuard Bolts+keys for that price.