Locking wheel bolt missing

Phil-1

Regional Rep
Reaction score
Website
www.philseagust.co.uk
At the weekend I took my front wheels off and noticed that one the locking wheel nut is missing, it's been replaced with what looks like a proper wheel bolt but it's about 3-4 mm longer.

Should I get a new set from Audi ( and pay the extra cost ) or should I look for a 3rd party set?

If I go for a 3rd party set what should I look for and where?

Thanks
Phil

Whatever set you get make sure they are the right length, diameter and thread pitch.
Also check that the bolt head profile matches the wheels as they come in different angles as well as radius cut.

Wheel bolts 14mm taper dome

Whatever set you get make sure they are the right length, diameter and thread pitch.
Also check that the bolt head profile matches the wheels as they come in different angles as well as radius cut.

View attachment 23816

Thanks
Will take an original bolt with me. Where is the best place to get a set?

Hi mate, I have an original full set from Audi, nearly new. PM me for price if interested.

Cheers

View attachment 23816

Thanks
Will take an original bolt with me. Where is the best place to get a set?

eBay is your best bet! I don't understand people who say they don't like it, read feedback etc and you'll be fine. I don't know what i'd do without eBay! I've saved thoasands of pounds using it, and that's not an exaggeration.

Reactions: J8TT X and davc
Grease the bolts before you fit them. I had a nightmare getting a security bolt out once because it had stuck in and the socket became useless. I was almost at the point of wrecking the wheel to get the bolt out when Plan Z worked!

I have used EBay for lots of things but recently have had substandard/poor copies of things. 😡

I'm away with work as the moment and can't get access to my car. I need to order theses ASAP. I have read about Audi wheels being stolen.

Could someone please tell me the bolt length ETC so I can order these tonight? 👍
Thanks
Phil

As far as I can make out they are M14 x 1.5 x 27.5mm long.

What year is the car, just to be sure

Just checked again and the part seems to be M14 x 1.5, 27.5mm long. Original part number 4F0698139C

Phil. As said mate, I have a nearly new original set of Audi nuts and lock nut. Cost me £38 at time. Yours for £25 posted if you want them.
mcgaurd are good too and cost in the region of £30, but you will have to adapt the cover that fits over the nut. I have a how too thread somewhere here on how to do it.

Phil. As said mate, I have a nearly new original set of Audi nuts and lock nut. Cost me £38 at time. Yours for £25 posted if you want them.
mcgaurd are good too and cost in the region of £30, but you will have to adapt the cover that fits over the nut. I have a how too thread somewhere here on how to do it.

Thanks For the ofter, but just spoken to my brother, he has his own garage. He is getting me a genuine set tomorrow for Free.

Thanks for all the replies and help

Phil

Ok no worries, to anyone else, the same offer.

Reactions: Phil-1
An Audi mechanic once told me you might as well replace the security bolt for a standard one. Everyone thinks all cars with alloys have them so no-one steals wheels any more! If the security bolt sticks it's a shocker to get off as the sockets aren't built for a lot of torque trying to get them off, whereas standard bolts will take a load of punishment if they're tight.