1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locking probs

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by phoenixv6quattro, Dec 21, 2009.

1. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

[Dec 21, 2009]
    Hello Guys, hows it going?! I need a bit if help/advice with some issues on my avants locking system.....My car is a pre-facelift with NO remote locking, manual only.

When unlocking/locking from the passenger side, it only locks that door, and the others once in a while when it can be arsed! The drivers door works everytime unlocking all the doors very nicely! Any ideas???

My boot lock is seized solid when trying to unlock manually with key. Key goes in, but dosn't turn. According to the SH its been like that since 2002!! Does anybody know a solution for this shy of getting a new lock?? I have already sprayed the hell out of it with WD40/GT85. Had the trim off too, washer pipe is fine, but looks like it was leaking once, hence the seizure!! Sprayed both inside and our but no joy.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. phoenixv6quattro

[Dec 22, 2009]
    Any ideas gents?
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Dec 22, 2009]
    Sounds like the central locking microswitches on the passenger door are broken?

No idea on the boot lock though.
  5. olds_kool

olds_kool Active Member VCDS Map User

[Dec 22, 2009]
    what key have you got? only master key will open boot workshop key would go in but not turn if i remember correctly

as for locking why dont you convert to remote
  6. phoenixv6quattro

[Dec 23, 2009]
    Ref master key I don't know. It only came with the one key! Sounds like it makes sense though, theres no rust on the cylinder/in the cylinder.

My pump is not remote enabled, so without changing it I cannot. However, I have seen s kit by rclick.com that looks interesting!:arco: