Locking Glovebox

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
Is there no way to lock the glovebox? I keep some valuables in my car from time to time and I'd like to be able to lock it. Why don't they do this?

Is there no way to lock the glovebox? I keep some valuables in my car from time to time and I'd like to be able to lock it. Why don't they do this?

Nope, can't be locked. A bit pants I know but it teaches you not to leave anything in your car anyway!

Coz it's a waste of time, to be honest.
I had a locking glovebox in a Golf, some thieving Hibees just ripped the dash apart instead (It was parked not far from East end park for an Aberdeen game).
So, for the sake of some CD's, I'd have been better off leaving the glovebox unlocked.
I'd only have had a smashed window to contend with then, not a smashed window and a ripped apart dash...

Wots in there then?
Picture of the Queen is my guess in addition to King Williams big BLUE book on 17th century battles of religious skirmishes. How to spot tatty munchers binos. A rather brightly coloured loop of material for cermonies and nothing green.

Any of the above:jester:

Right ya bamstick whit happened oan sunday. that wiznae the script. Still games in hand but they got the high ground out o this.

Fingers crossed and a few ciders fur thursday.

Wots in there then?
Picture of the Queen is my guess in addition to King Williams big BLUE book on 17th century battles of religious skirmishes. How to spot tatty munchers binos. A rather brightly coloured loop of material for cermonies and nothing green.

Any of the above:jester:

Right ya bamstick whit happened oan sunday. that wiznae the script. Still games in hand but they got the high ground out o this.

Fingers crossed and a few ciders fur thursday.

I keep some gear in the motor that the boys from the Lodge have asked me to look after. Brown paper package.

:detective2:

Jas mate I huvnae looked at a paper all day. I don't want to know about it mate. I am having depression typing this so **** it I'm away to bury my heid in shame. ****** papes.

:gun2:

Coz it's a waste of time, to be honest.
I had a locking glovebox in a Golf, some thieving Hibees just ripped the dash apart instead (It was parked not far from East end park for an Aberdeen game).
So, for the sake of some CD's, I'd have been better off leaving the glovebox unlocked.
I'd only have had a smashed window to contend with then, not a smashed window and a ripped apart dash...

Don't park your car near areas where filth are known to lurk.

Tonights advice from PC Prod :busted_cop:

I know a guy who has a 20 year old micra just for travelling in and out to work and it kept getting broken into by people to steal his radio (probably the only thing of value in the car!)

After three stolen radios he decided not to bother replacing it. He now parks the car with the glovebox left open, the doors unlocked and a note on the windscreen saying "doors not locked - please do not break window". Since then nothing has happenned to the car. I guess if there's no challenge some car thieves just couldn't be bothered!

I suppose you could use the same principles as below, to you glovebox. :)

Padlock.jpg