1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

locked out

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by lionyo, Apr 4, 2009.

1. lionyo

lionyo Member

[Apr 4, 2009]
    I opened the boot via boot button and then forgot to take key out and shut the boot now my keyfob is in the boot and i only have one key, and theirs no point smashing the window as my rear seats dont fold down
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. evilscotsman

evilscotsman Space Cowboy

[Apr 4, 2009]
    ooops.

Go to a dealer with your title and photo ID, and they can look up the key code based on the VIN number of the car, and cut you a key that will work. HOWEVER, Audi keys are different than most (as you've seen I'm sure), and are laser-cut. They can cost upwards of £100 each. That's still cheaper than repairing the damage that is likely from trying to break into the car though. It may be your only bet.
  4. lionyo

lionyo Member

[Apr 4, 2009]
    If it costs £100-£120 its okay, just hope they can find out the keycode as i dont have it
  5. evilscotsman

[Apr 4, 2009]
    you wont have it mate, it used to be supplied on a code card but now its held at audi electronically and no one has access to it except a dealership with the right info from you.

you need to take your V5 with you, plus your licence and some other proof of address and ask if they can cut a new key for you based on that VIN number.

Just get a cheap blade-only key if you can, that will let you in and then you can retrieve the remote from the boot.
  6. jwhat

jwhat Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 5, 2009]
    Should he not get the whole lot to have an extra key incase it ever happens again?
  7. devil666x

devil666x New Member

[Apr 5, 2009]
    Also if they code another key to the car, the one he already has will go out of sync and will have to be reprogrammed. When i got mine done, i got two keys and they had to be done together and the old one went out of sync.
  8. evilscotsman

[Apr 7, 2009]
    No, they can program a key without the car and it will work, I have 2 keys, both work!

Ive had one rematched and it did not affect the other one. A given car has one master key code that is used to match any / all keys to the car.

All you do is put the key in the drivers door, press the unlock button 3 times then lock the door with the key, then it should unlock using the remote button. You can also open the car with a working key, and put a non working (original) in the ignition, turn it on, then off and immediately pull it out and press the unlock button, that key will now remote unlock & lock right away. (this obviously only applies to keys supplied with or already coded for the car)

One reason for not getting a full key and remote is 1. its about £200 for the full fob/key but he only needs the blade to unlock the drivers door.

If he has cash to splash then yeah, but I bet the cheaper option appeals :)