Local elections

Re map and service type

• Total voters
Im voting labour as there all as crap as each other, but JPO it doesnt show the results when you submit posts.

[ QUOTE ]
Im voting labour as there all as crap as each other, but JPO it doesnt show the results when you submit posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errrr........... I dunno, hopefully one of them highly paid admin types can fix it??

I think there should be another option, I'll be voting for which ever party seems to stop eroding civil liberties (which ain't labour for a start) and cut some of the crap going on probably would have been liberal (but their useless now the ginger one has gone) so no idea at present - would be interested in the results though.

[ QUOTE ]
I think there should be another option, I'll be voting for which ever party seems to stop eroding civil liberties (which ain't labour for a start) and cut some of the crap going on probably would have been liberal (but their useless now the ginger one has gone) so no idea at present - would be interested in the results though.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing worse that voting for Phony bLiar, is not voting at all.........!!!

looks like the cons are winning, or is that X-cons, lol, may as well be

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing worse that voting for Phony bLiar, is not voting at all.........!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Never said I wouldn't vote just not sure who to vote for yet... it won't be labour though, that do you? Would have been Lim Dem but can't stand them now so looks like it'll be conservative unless they come up with some proper stupid policies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

lets see if we get CON'd this time

[ QUOTE ]
[ looks like it'll be conservative unless they come up with some proper stupid policies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

To late, they already have.!!

No surprises so far.............. looks like Audi drivers are a pretty Conservative lot!

NOTE TO MODS
Any chance of making this a sticky until the election?

[ QUOTE ]
No surprises so far.............. looks like Audi drivers are a pretty Conservative lot!

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprise!!

I'm a card carrying Lib Dem and (shock horror) I'm also a district councillor.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprise!!

I'm a card carrying Lib Dem and (shock horror) I'm also a district councillor.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't you be on the 2CV site?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprise!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You trying to give him the twin spark treatment, lol

Getting interesting.............

Am I gonna have to start being 'orrible to attract the attention of a Moderator??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprise!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course -all Lib Dems are bearded, vegetarian, sandal wearing tree huggers....

...that's why I'm going to the Le Mans 24hrs with another LD councillor in his MX5 (he's just sold his Elise), I'm off to the Le Mans Classic in my 52 year old Riley - the one that pumps out pollution and does 20mpg, I've driven the 'Ring in five different Audis, been round Donnington in Frank Biela's A4 touring car, roadtested a quattro sport and topped 150mph on an autobahn - in an Audi.

So I guess that makes me a typical Lib Dem petrol head (or in my case diesel head...).

People who stereotype - don't you just luv 'em..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprise!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course -all Lib Dems are bearded, vegetarian, sandal wearing tree huggers....

...that's why I'm going to the Le Mans 24hrs with another LD councillor in his MX5 (he's just sold his Elise), I'm off to the Le Mans Classic in my 52 year old Riley - the one that pumps out pollution and does 20mpg, I've driven the 'Ring in five different Audis, been round Donnington in Frank Biela's A4 touring car, roadtested a quattro sport and topped 150mph on an autobahn - in an Audi.

So I guess that makes me a typical Lib Dem petrol head (or in my case diesel head...).

People who stereotype - don't you just luv 'em..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So what your saying basically is that you guys get paid too much...get far too many holidays and you are supporting policies that never have a hope in hell in getting into government!!!

Cool ....any jobs going! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprise!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what your saying basically is that you guys get paid too much...get far too many holidays and you are supporting policies that never have a hope in hell in getting into government!!!

Cool ....any jobs going! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao @ CJ's comment

Of course we get paid too much: £3,200 a year basic allowance + 40p a mile. Furthest I've been on council business was a day trip to Birmingham.

I work around 35-40 hours a week on council business; have people phoning or visiting at all hours, deal with around 80 emails a day.

You still want a job?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People who bite like a dranged piranha.........

I Do!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People who bite like a dranged piranha.........

I Do!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll need far more bait than that....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Of course we get paid too much: £3,200 a year basic allowance + 40p a mile. Furthest I've been on council business was a day trip to Birmingham.

I work around 35-40 hours a week on council business; have people phoning or visiting at all hours, deal with around 80 emails a day.

You still want a job?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds cushde ....where do it sign! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

£3,200 a year...yeah of course you do...thats less than minimum wage! Are LD councillors all so good at being so economical with the truth...maybe those sort of policies if changed could win you guys an election! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You still want a job?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds cushde ....where do it sign! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

£3,200 a year...yeah of course you do...thats less than minimum wage! Are LD councillors all so good at being so economical with the truth...maybe those sort of policies if changed could win you guys an election! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Check it out for yourself: linky

While you're at it, check out your local council's web site too.

where does your other income come from, cuz you cant surely live on that "allowance"

[ QUOTE ]
where does your other income come from, cuz you cant surely live on that "allowance"

[/ QUOTE ]

No, of course not. My wife has a pension of £14,500 a year however my own income has plumetted by about £10,000 a year since I was elected. Our total income is around £24,000 a year - not a lot these days.

The point I'm trying to get across is that, contrary to popular belief, district councillors - as opposed to MPs - get no financial gain for the work they do. I'm also a parish councillor (parish in this case is a 'town' of 11,000 people) and I get absolutely nothing for that.

I'm not surprised that contributors to this forum believe councillors get mega salaries, travel first class and stay in plush hotels; even my own brother in law thinks that - but he is a total dickhead so has an excuse....

hmm, I have to say that council expenses are the worst ever.

plush hotels? yeh right. Inns more like.
First class? oh thats a good one.

Mega salaries? hahahaha

the best thing about working for the government was the LGPS (pension scheme), and theyre changing that in april - well, we'll see after our strike.

Tubtub I hope i havent caused any offence and if so then i apologise. I was only joking around. I'm sure you work very hard and make a difference! You must love what you do as i'm certain you don't do it for the money or perks....so i take my hat off to you.

Good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tubtub I hope i havent caused any offence and if so then i apologise. I was only joking around. I'm sure you work very hard and make a difference! You must love what you do as i'm certain you don't do it for the money or perks....so i take my hat off to you.

Good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No offence taken. As a councillor you develop a very thick skin very quickly; you'd be amazed at what appears in the letters page in the local press - sometimes it seems you can't please any of the people any of the time.
I predict next week it will be the design of the new bus stop......

tubtub, good work, I have a lot of respect for people that are willing to stand up and actually do something for what they believe in (I just moan about the state of the country).

One question though, I think you (as a party) would have had a fair chance of being elected next time around had charles not gone, do you think he should have stayed?

[ QUOTE ]
tubtub, good work, I have a lot of respect for people that are willing to stand up and actually do something for what they believe in (I just moan about the state of the country).

One question though, I think you (as a party) would have had a fair chance of being elected next time around had charles not gone, do you think he should have stayed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm blushing now.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

Do I think Charles K should have stayed?
No, his drink problem was affecting his ability to be an effective politician and party leader and (unfortunately) he lied about it on several occasions. I've met him a couple of times; he's a nice guy but being a 'nice guy' isn't always enough.

Do I agree with the way he was ousted?
Definitely not; it was done in a cowardly, despicable way.

Any party that brings back discipline to this lawless country, capital and corporal punishment, halts immigration, doubles the size of both army and police force, gets my vote and that means it will definately NOT be the soft liberal p.c brigade, they would rather slap a murderers wrist and tell us that he never got ice cream as a child so we cant imprison him.
Bring back the birch,(and any other form of violent physical punishment).

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting results so far.............

I wonder how 'representative' Audi owners are??

[/ QUOTE ]

Not very is my guess as whichever way you look at it they arn't cheap cars to own and run (well mine anyway) so you'll be getting a particular demographic - what results have you got from other sites?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting results so far.............

I wonder how 'representative' Audi owners are??

[/ QUOTE ]

Not very is my guess as whichever way you look at it they arn't cheap cars to own and run (well mine anyway) so you'll be getting a particular demographic - what results have you got from other sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well an EVO owners site: http://www.lancer-evo.net/community/portal.php is currently

Labour 12%
Liberal 25%
BNP 50%
Green 12%
Not vey many people have voted yet though,,,,,,, maybe EVO owners don't give a sh!t?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A POLICE site: http://www.police999.com/ is at

Labour 5%
Conservative 44%
Liberal 16%
BNP 16%
Green 11%
Other 5%

So all in all not much support for Labour................. you would expect a crushing defeat for them,,,, but factor in the Muslim block vote, and lo and behold, out pops a stunning victory........we shall see!

Any chance of making this a sticky???

Or will I need to issue 'proceedings' against our numb nut, sh!t for brains moderators?? [see other thread] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scary thing is the number of votes for the BNP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Police have been traditionally hotbed of Conservative support - looks like Audi owners are too!