loba-sachs clutch

Smirky

Reaction score
So my car is off to amd tuning very soon to have a stage 1 done on it , I have read that some people have clutch issues once over 300hp ,so I'm curious as to what the loba clutch/flywheel is like I.e noise?vibration ? Oem feel ?
Cheers

I'd be looking at the Sachs organic and LUK DMF to be honest.

It will preserve the stock feel,as well as being good for around 400lbs,without any of the grumbling from an SMF.
The only downside is the organic clutch will not tolerate a lot of drag starts.

Tbh I don't really do drag starts more of a twistys B road kinda guy ,I was looking on the amd website for the stage 2+ parts (already planning) strange they only offer the one option?

Tbh I don't really do drag starts more of a twistys B road kinda guy ,I was looking on the amd website for the stage 2+ parts (already planning) strange they only offer the one option?

Speak to Ben......they do a lot of things that don't appear on the website.
I don't do drag starts,and found the Sachs plus DMF was ideal until Stg3.

Yeah I've been in contact with him through email I'll see what he has to say about clutches I'm only going stage 2+ so long as it will take that :)

Yeah I've been in contact with him through email I'll see what he has to say about clutches I'm only going stage 2+ so long as it will take that :)

If it's bedded in over a few hundred miles,and you don't do drag runs,it will be fine.
Mine lasted until 440lbs on a GT3071.

Reactions: S.
My standard clutch lasted out stage 1 well but once stage 2+ came it was time for an upgrade so went with the Sachs organic and LUK DMF as Alex mentions above, only just started "testing" it last couple of days after about 400 miles taking it steady and very pleased so far.

Reactions: S. and S3Alex
I will be one of the unlucky few that the clutch gives out on stage 1 lol

don't go for loba :D

Reactions: S3Alex and saq85
Yep, do not go for loba's SMF setup. It won't change gear at high rpm. And loba won't do anything about it.

Reactions: S. and S3Alex
Yep, do not go for loba's SMF setup. It won't change gear at high rpm. And loba won't do anything about it.
What's the point in having an uprated clutch if u can't Cain it blatantly what your gonna do if your gnashing hp and torque

Reactions: saq85 and S.
What's the point in having an uprated clutch if u can't Cain it blatantly what your gonna do if your gnashing hp and torque
Exactly, luckily if you wanna go the SMF route there are quite a few options now. But I can hand on heart say I will never be purchasing another loba product again. I can still cane my car, and a couple of garages have said there's no point shifting that late (7000rpm) as the turbo has pretty much lost all its boost. And how I should be changing around 5800rpm to keep the cat in boost. :s but it sucks knowing I got skanked with this clutch kit.

Exactly, luckily if you wanna go the SMF route there are quite a few options now. But I can hand on heart say I will never be purchasing another loba product again. I can still cane my car, and a couple of garages have said there's no point shifting that late (7000rpm) as the turbo has pretty much lost all its boost. And how I should be changing around 5800rpm to keep the cat in boost. :s but it sucks knowing I got skanked with this clutch kit.

Really? I feel like my S3 is only getting going at 5800rmp haha! I get more boost once i go past 6k its like an extra kick in the back, just on apr stage 1 atm

We have done alot of research on different clutches.. If your vehicle is used for just fast road then stick with a LUK FW and Uprated Sachs cover and plate :)

Or if your a little more aggressive (Like me) then SMF option is probably suited

If you want any information then please feel free to contact me on 01522 717100