1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loan car whilst S3 is in for new rear bumper

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Grant, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 3, 2004]
    A young guy drove up the back of me which resulted in me needing a new rear bumper.

Because it was a non-fault accident, I have been given a prestige rental car for the time my car is getting repaired.

I have been given a Jaguar X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport. Let me tell you, this car is awful! It's supposed to be 194bhp but it's soooooo slow!

I can't wait to get my S3 back (it's only been gone 4 hours!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. dbm

dbm Active Member

[Feb 3, 2004]
    Yes, the 2.5 is very poor on paper. The 2.0 FWD is faster 0-60, and even the 3.0 AWD isn't as quick as a standard S3.

These types of car may have high-ish bhps, but the torque tends to be quite low, and torque is what gives you acceleration as I understand it...

Dan
  4. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Feb 4, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Imola S3 said:
    I have been given a Jaguar X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport. Let me tell you, this car is awful! It's supposed to be 194bhp but it's soooooo slow!

[/ QUOTE ]

It beats a Corsa I feel.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  5. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Feb 4, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    adjturbo said:
    or a 1.0 polo!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It least a VW has some quality unlike the Vauxhaul!!

When my wa repaired it took me 8 weeks to get it back and even then it wasn't repaired properly!! 8 weeks of driving a 130 or 150 Tdi was OK and saved me a fortune in fuel, but still it's not like having your own car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hope all is fixed on the S3 soon.