1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loan Car Damage

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by d4mo, Jul 8, 2009.

1. d4mo

d4mo Member

[Jul 8, 2009]
    Well, as many of you know, my B5 avant is in the garage for repairs at the moment due to a bit of a shunt a few weeks back. I was given a nice 08 Golf GT TDI to use whilst mine is in, I came out of work tonight and found these marks on the car ........... looks like im going to have to get busy with the polish before I return it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those who are interested I did manage to catch the culprit 'in action' on my mobile phone

http://www.damienparker.co.uk/audi/08072009.mp4
  2. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

[Jul 8, 2009]
    You're a braver man than me getting that close to a horny swan!

Can't believe the damage it's inflicted.
  3. d4mo

d4mo Member

[Jul 8, 2009]
    Most of it appears to be dried swan saliva but there is a light scratching under all the bad looking marks. Nothing a quick pass with a decent polish shouldn't sort out.

Must admit though, the bloomin thing was following the car as I reversed it out of the space. Quite glad it was more interested in the car than me, thought i best get the video to prove where the damage came from if i cant polish it all out.
  4. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jul 9, 2009]
    you can eat swan. tastes lovely!!

I would be tempted to either pay somone a tenner with a random orbital polisher or get busy with the elbow.

or get it as dirty as possible before returning!!
  5. d4mo

d4mo Member

[Jul 9, 2009]
    I do actually have a random orbital and some menzerna polish ready for doing the audi when i get it back (obviously not the freshly painted panels though), was going to give it a go with some cheaper stuff first by hand as i dont think its that deep, the worst of it is actually dried swan spit and that washes off quite easily :)
  6. Geeman

Geeman Low Life

[Jul 9, 2009]
    Jeez! That's really wierd!