1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loan Car Damage

d4mo Jul 8, 2009

1. d4mo

d4mo Member

Well, as many of you know, my B5 avant is in the garage for repairs at the moment due to a bit of a shunt a few weeks back. I was given a nice 08 Golf GT TDI to use whilst mine is in, I came out of work tonight and found these marks on the car ........... looks like im going to have to get busy with the polish before I return it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those who are interested I did manage to catch the culprit 'in action' on my mobile phone

http://www.damienparker.co.uk/audi/08072009.mp4

2. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

You're a braver man than me getting that close to a horny swan!

Can't believe the damage it's inflicted.

3. d4mo

d4mo Member

Most of it appears to be dried swan saliva but there is a light scratching under all the bad looking marks. Nothing a quick pass with a decent polish shouldn't sort out.

Must admit though, the bloomin thing was following the car as I reversed it out of the space. Quite glad it was more interested in the car than me, thought i best get the video to prove where the damage came from if i cant polish it all out.

4. jcb

jcb Active Member

you can eat swan. tastes lovely!!

I would be tempted to either pay somone a tenner with a random orbital polisher or get busy with the elbow.

or get it as dirty as possible before returning!!

5. d4mo

d4mo Member

I do actually have a random orbital and some menzerna polish ready for doing the audi when i get it back (obviously not the freshly painted panels though), was going to give it a go with some cheaper stuff first by hand as i dont think its that deep, the worst of it is actually dried swan spit and that washes off quite easily :)

6. Geeman

Geeman Low Life

Jeez! That's really wierd!