Little upgrade

Had tailpipes fitted this morning by powerflow. They are 3.5" but the bore in the centre of the pipes makes them look slightly smaller in diameter, but wasnt after anything too fancy just a replacement for black ones so they will do the job for now.

May I ask where you sourced your 18" rotor wheels? Are they OEM or replica?

Also, what offset are they?

what best to use to keep tailpipes shiny. Autosol? Autogleam?or similar?

Yours are 320mm on the front mate. Ive used cheap pads and it stops fine. Some will argue that they fade etc, but who try's breaking the sound barrier on the way to work lol! Also others have said the discs can warp quite easily but same again. They will have to meet some safety standards and at £250 for 4 discs and pads, you can afford to change them if they do warp. I would imagine you would have to get them pretty hot like

I would say cheap discs will be fine but as for pads I always recommend Bosch, durid/bendix or pagid sometimes depending on car. I don't recommend brembo what's so ever even with discs. We had a car in at work we put brembo disc and pads on and with 3 weeks the car had brake judder the discs had warped. We only fitted brembo discs as they were £1 or so more then the cheap ones. In my eyes they are just a cheap brake disc that has been boxed up brembo.

Durid/bendix is owned by honeywell. Honeywell are big plays and supply a lot of oe stuff. They own garret (Tubo's) if Honeywell don't ring a bell. They are not cheaper than main dealers. As for Porsche they use pagid brake pads the same as most Mercedes. Oh and a friend works at Lambo/bently I asked him any brands on the back of the brake pad. He said pagid lol

omfg hahah £72 to fit battery. Thats a whole new level of epic! so in other words thats them saying it will take them an hour and a quarter to fit a god damn battery inline with their average labour charge per hour. what a joke.

That's half hour labour time which is about right as they can't charge you less then half a hour. Also if it has smart charge/ battery management then you will need to plug VCDS/VAS to program the new battery (don't think we have it on B7's) I know it had it on the Q7 and A6

Thou Audis rates are still day light robbery.
Its there over heads. It's business at the end of the day. Just work out how many staff, insurance, council tax and rent they have to pay to even break even And there is £12 of Vat on that £72.

Also the exhaust is looking good

Last edited:
Had tailpipes fitted this morning by powerflow. They are 3.5" but the bore in the centre of the pipes makes them look slightly smaller in diameter, but wasnt after anything too fancy just a replacement for black ones so they will do the job for now.

IMG_6781.jpg
[/url]

I do like the look of bigger (straight in my case) tailpipes, and I want to do this myself. Sorry for sounding thick, but is it just a case of going into a local exhaust fitter and asking for different tips? How much should I be looking to pay?

Pretty much yeah..obviously needs to be a place that does fabricated exhausts etc, like a performance workshop. quickfit and halfords dont do that kinds stuff cos they are generally useless in every way! Where abouts are you in the country?? there will be one closeby most likely.

Got the calipers painted up yesterday whilst it wasn't ****** raining!

A Little dirt/rust removal

didnt realise quite how big these calipers were 0_o

and some Ferarri Rosso red paint

And wheels back on

ordered a plenum chamber and battery cover too today. When I rang audi this was the conversation.. fml

Me" Can I have a quote please for a RHD plenum chamber cover and battery cover"
Audi "what car is it for"
Me "A4 S Line Special Edition B7"
Audi "Yeah the B7 models didnt always come with them as factory fitted so dont worry"
Me "I know but I want one"
Audi "I have a B7 2.0tdi and mine doesnt have one"
me "I see, but I want one on mine"
Audi "let me just see if it will fitthe B7 hang on"
Me "I had the same B7 2.0 TDI as you before this car and it fit just fine"
Audi "ok well I can order one in and we can see if it fits"
me ..........pause......pause....do I get angry or hang up or?..... "ok no problem"

christ.. why so awkward. when I go pick it up I wonder if they will want to do a free health check lmao..

PS - have many members here got Dectane LED tail lights at the moment?

ordered a plenum chamber and battery cover too today. When I rang audi this was the conversation.. fml

Audi "Yeah the B7 models didnt always come with them as factory fitted so dont worry"
me ..........pause......pause....do I get angry or hang up or?..... "ok no problem"

christ.. why so awkward. when I go pick it up I wonder if they will want to do a free health check lmao..

I've experienced similar before. Oh, and yes, I have Dectane LED tail-lights.

Ah yes I know you do.. how are they? had any probs or they all good. Any codes whatsoever?

Ah yes I know you do.. how are they? had any probs or they all good. Any codes whatsoever?

No, they've worked perfectly from day one. The reversing light, for some reason, is not LED, and takes the standard incandescent bulb. I swapped that for an LED replacement, which did throw a bulb warning message until I added an in-line resistor. All has been good ever since.

Yeah I did read your post on that. I think ill just stick with the normal bulb and not faff about lol. you got them from BM town right? cos thats also where I got mine from. Look rather nice indeed.

DEctane LED tail lights just been delivered! But got to leave for work :( will be fitting tomorrow so pics to follow whoop.

Well I fitted the lights and three of them were fine... One of them didn't work so gotta wait for a replacement to be sent out now grr annoying. I did however just swipe a brand new set of 320mm punched OEM discs from eBay for half dealer price!! Sorry if anyone else was watching these... Too good bargain to miss!! Boom

http://bit.ly/1eTHvFC

It's like deja vu with my local dealers. At least your one ordered your's in. I'm still waiting 4 months later for parts "supposedly" on back order......strange how another dealer could get them the next day. Shame on you Dundee Audi for not only not doing your job, but lying to the customer too :motz:

I'm quite liking these Dectane rear lights, but which ones to go for? Oh decisions, decisions!

The lights look awesome even when they aren't on!! Agree tho so many colour choices!

Reactions: Macdoon
got the bargain OEM brake discs today. DAMN how heavy are these things!! Never knew they were the weight of a small galaxy 0_o

however.. saved a few hundred at least when it comes to replacing them. Dectane LED lights have been returned for a full replacement...waiting game ...I do hate waiting...

finally got the lights back and fitted after a pain in the butt wait. Sorry for the night pic quality, the led's are very bright and seem to dazzle the camera. but you get the idea.

Reactions: jdp1962 and Macdoon
I've got genuine Audi s3 ones here if anyone wants them for £17 posted they are white led

lol no worries i understand now :) I did think damn £17 for tail lights bargain haha

ive got the full led set, indicator, brake and tail light. and had mine just over a year and the n/s led indicator has just packed up 2 of the led's are out and it's as bright as a glow worms **** in the sunshine so im in the process of returning them to BM Town for replacements but this isn't the first issue i've had with them I know there from Germany but not sure the origin of manufacture, bet there imports from china lol still glad I kept my original tail lights

yeah ive kept my originals for that reason. i think they are originally from taiwan lol. i have no doubt ill be sending them back again before long.

Hurting fingers, what a complete £$^$^£ these are to fit.

Still don't think they are fully in place properly either 0_o

I used to skydive...and the odd parachute malfunction used to be less hassle to deal with!

Hurting fingers, what a complete £$^$^£ these are to fit.

Still don't think they are fully in place properly either 0_o

I used to skydive...and the odd parachute malfunction used to be less hassle to deal with!
Oh dear, I've just ordered some of these myself.

Where did you order the pedal covers from, I fancy a set too, but the only ones I can see on ebay are rather pricey!

Ok, so there's no official alu pedal kit for B7 automatic, because there isn't an auto brake pedal part. You have to improvise by using the brake pedal from the RS6. It's not a perfect match but close enough. The accelerator pedal and footrest can be bought separately but for some strange reason, it's cheaper to buy a four-part manual pedal kit and leave the clutch & brake pedals unused.

Part number for the four-part kit is 8E2064205
Part number for the RS6 brake pedal is 4F2721989

Expect to pay around £90 for the four-part kit and about £45 for the RS6 brake pedal.