Little surprises?

The DAB radio displaying album artwork as well as the info on the song playing. Very surprised

Really? Mine doesn't, do you need the tech pack with connect for that? Mines an S Line spec

The DAB radio displaying album artwork as well as the info on the song playing. Very surprised

OK you're going to have to explain what settings I need to set to get this - my wife spent all of today's (short) journey and couldn't fathom it.

It's maybe just a "per station" broadcasting option ?

My guess too. There's a 'slideshow' option in the DAB functions screen (to the left of the 'i' option that gives you the programme details, currently playing song etc.), but I don't listen to any stations which broadcast that data.

It might just be per station. I don't normally listen to the radio but have been the past few days. I will try and take a picture of it. For info I don't have the tech pack just the normal satnav

If not listening to my music, then I have Absolute R80's (DAB) which is pretty much a REALLY REALLY BORING screen on the MMI, just a large radio signal looking thing and station name, nothing else.

The Golf Mk.7 displays DAB Station Logo's ;)

(You do have to pre-load them beforehand)

ACC. In stop start traffic mode it knows when the traffic has started moving and starts the engine, as if it's prompting you to get going

Can't seem to get the windows down holding the unlock button on the key, it does however open the pan roof up a little?!

Can't seem to get the windows down holding the unlock button on the key, it does however open the pan roof up a little?!
You tried changing the setting in the car set up on screen, you can enable and disable it from there

Reactions: swc316
'Little surprises?'

Yeh, when I get the ****** thing ... :meeting::laugh:

Reactions: huggins01, CCWS3, mcnallys and 1 other person
New one for me this morning - the MMI helpfully told me my phone battery was low. Helpful that

New one for me this morning - the MMI helpfully told me my phone battery was low. Helpful that

Yes Ive noticed this too, the only gripe I have with that is that the MMI apparently considers anything below 40% (If I remember correctly) to be low battery. I would personally have set the limit to around 20-25%

Reactions: Pulp84
Yeah good point Zygote.

Mine was 33% when it warned me. Guess if you are going on a long journey etc then it is handy to know. Especially if you might use the phone etc.

I wish the setting was adjustable, on 40% my phone would last all day. I'd prefer a setting of about 10%

Hmm, odd. Odd that its not a consistent value. Makes me suspect its related to the bluetooth stack somehow. Maybe there's a BATTERY_LOW constant or equivalent somewhere. Ill browse through some AOSP bluetooth code and see what I can find.

Yes Ive noticed this too, the only gripe I have with that is that the MMI apparently considers anything below 40% (If I remember correctly) to be low battery. I would personally have set the limit to around 20-25%

yeh or a Samsung s5 should be 5%

Mine is a guess based on what I've seen - I'm not absolutely sure it's 25%.

I wish it wouldn't trigger the message when you plug the phone in to charge though - mine still does even when it's charging!

If you have the factory-fitted tow bar (as I have) it is expensive but has some very clever features:
  1. The rear parking sensors are switched off automatically upon connecting the tow ball.
  2. The ESC system is linked to a trailer stabilisation system which, if it detects that the trailer is swaying, will brake the towing vehicle in order to stabilise the trailer.
  3. Also you can tell the Traffic Sign recognition system that you want speed signs relevant to towing a trailer to be displayed.
  4. It is almost impossible to see because it is fitted cleverly behind a panel in the rear bumper.
  5. The tow ball has a specially fitted compartment in the boot and even comes with a pair of gloves so you don't get your hands dirty!

Reactions: Ceho
I'm very pleased that your Ford had some of these features but ....... :confused:

Reactions: The Challinor and Ceho
My HTC One is warned at a low battery on the MMI at 40%, wut? that's not low, that's another 12+hrs!!!!!

I wonder if this is configurable via VCDS, would be happy at <20%battery life warning!

If you have the factory-fitted tow bar (as I have) it is expensive but has some very clever features:
  1. The rear parking sensors are switched off automatically upon connecting the tow ball.
  2. The ESC system is linked to a trailer stabilisation system which, if it detects that the trailer is swaying, will brake the towing vehicle in order to stabilise the trailer.
  3. Also you can tell the Traffic Sign recognition system that you want speed signs relevant to towing a trailer to be displayed.
  4. It is almost impossible to see because it is fitted cleverly behind a panel in the rear bumper.
  5. The tow ball has a specially fitted compartment in the boot and even comes with a pair of gloves so you don't get your hands dirty!

I've experienced all of these (including the ESC having to take over!). The compartment in the boot just means you can't lower the boot floor though so I got rid of that and just keep the towball in a bag in the boot.

The traffic sign recognition also can show you different limits for wet weather (where they apply) when the rain sensor detects rain.

Side assist also turns off when you connect a trailer, but annoying doesn't turn back on to what it was set to before when you disconnect the trailer.

The reversing camera also has a 'towing mode' which puts a single orange line in the middle of the screen which moves with the steering wheel (just as the normal 2 lines do in the default reversing camera mode) - very very useful for reversing up to trailers!

You tried changing the setting in the car set up on screen, you can enable and disable it from there
Found it, thanks! loads of settings - all windows and panroof, front windows & pan roof, pan roof, just front windows etc

Holding the volume button down on the centre console to switch the entire entertainment system off (including shutting the screen away). Does not come 'on' again until you switch it on (so stays off even when you switch the ignition off and then back on again)

So true, but it had those features and many more as standard for a lot less, the only problem was, it was a Ford.

Audi is just nicer to look at, holds its value better and you don't look like a salesman driving it. So all plusses for me :p
And yes, a bit of a snob ;)

Reactions: Andy F, cuke2u and The Challinor
Holding the volume button down on the centre console to switch the entire entertainment system off (including shutting the screen away). Does not come 'on' again until you switch it on (so stays off even when you switch the ignition off and then back on again)

Yes, but it's not just the entertainment system, it's the whole MMI, including bluetooth, satnav etc. There's no way to set the music to not come on when you start the car (though I don't mind this, others do)

Erm, that says the exact same thing as the post I quoted. And has the problems I listed.