1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little niggle, outside door handle trim coming away (photos)

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by paul_r, Jan 14, 2011.

1. paul_r

paul_r Member

Hi
    My A3 drivers door has a bit of trim that will not sit tight as it should. I would guess i am not the only person to suffer this. See pics. Any simple remedies. I guess i could just glue it in place. As it is it just keeps springing out and i am in the process of sorting all the little issues i have with my car.

[​IMG]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. moag

moag she's no d-turbo

araldite should fix that!

4. 19scotty81

19scotty81 Push down and across !!!!!!!!!

Is it just the trim that's coming out or the door barrel itself.
    You can sometimes get it to click back on with firm pressure but if the clip is broken you'll need to replace it. Best way to check though just wip the barrel out, just inside the door there's a little plastic cover, remove it and you'll see a 15 (maybe's) torx screw,unwind the screw until you feel it getting tight again, whilst doing so wiggle the barrel and it might pop out, if not give the screw a couple of turns as if to tighten and push on the end of the screwdriver and this should release it. The clip is obvious when the barrel is out !!

5. paul_r

paul_r Member

Maybe, there is quite a bit of tension on the part so it would need a good squidge (and holding in place for a day or two)