1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

little money saver

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by SteveS, Sep 16, 2007.

1. SteveS

SteveS S6 avant

[Sep 16, 2007]
    after driving the s4 continually for 6hrs today the engine managment light apeared on the dash, no symtoms at all just the light. re started engine - still no good - drove all the way home - light still on, anyway was going to book it in to beechwood audi tommorow when i decided to disconnect the battery forr 10mins first. result - light gone! all reset!

worth trying this first before you hand over an hours labour at the dealers!
  2. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

[Sep 16, 2007]
    ...im stalking you steve, lol....

My engine light has done that a while back, literally came on few mins before I reached home, I couldnt sleep that night but morning time it had gone when I started her up again.....Aint come on since!!! (touch wood :keule:)
  3. SteveS

SteveS S6 avant

[Sep 16, 2007]
    scared the hell outa me too, first the oil level light ,then the engine symbol all whilst miles from home! i dont know why engine light came on - might come back but the car was hot, in heavy traffic for over an hour stop start and i was starting to worry about it anyway. there is that much heat comes off those v8's you cant touch the bonnet! temp gauge is half way though.
  4. golf

golf ***** rent boy VCDS Map User

[Sep 17, 2007]
    There's a reason why the CEL came on, best to get it diagnosed properly rather than ignore the problem. It could come back at any time, remember.