1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

little money saver

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by SteveS, Sep 16, 2007.

1. SteveS

SteveS S6 avant

after driving the s4 continually for 6hrs today the engine managment light apeared on the dash, no symtoms at all just the light. re started engine - still no good - drove all the way home - light still on, anyway was going to book it in to beechwood audi tommorow when i decided to disconnect the battery forr 10mins first. result - light gone! all reset!

worth trying this first before you hand over an hours labour at the dealers!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

...im stalking you steve, lol....

My engine light has done that a while back, literally came on few mins before I reached home, I couldnt sleep that night but morning time it had gone when I started her up again.....Aint come on since!!! (touch wood :keule:)

4. SteveS

SteveS S6 avant

scared the hell outa me too, first the oil level light ,then the engine symbol all whilst miles from home! i dont know why engine light came on - might come back but the car was hot, in heavy traffic for over an hour stop start and i was starting to worry about it anyway. there is that much heat comes off those v8's you cant touch the bonnet! temp gauge is half way though.

5. golf

golf ***** rent boy
    VCDS Map User

There's a reason why the CEL came on, best to get it diagnosed properly rather than ignore the problem. It could come back at any time, remember.