1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little help please

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by adrian2006uk, Aug 3, 2009.

1. adrian2006uk

adrian2006uk Member

I was out last night and the traction control light came on and would not switch back on untill i restarted the car.Been reading some posts about two sensors do you think it might be a sensor playing up on mine.
    If so where are the sensors my car is a 2005 3.2 prefacelif?
    Can you not remove sensors clean and plug back in?

thanks ada
  2. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

the best bet would be to have it checked by hopefully a fellow member with VCDS to see exactly what caused the fault to register. There are quite a few parts in the system & it might save you changing something that commonly fails but didnt on yours. If its the lateral & longitudinal your talking about I'm doubful they can be cleaned.
  3. adrian2006uk

adrian2006uk Member

so where are the lateral & longitudinal sensors my car is 2005 pre facelift?
    and any members close that would be willing to plug my car in and find what the fault is sayin please
  4. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

Where do you live?

I believe the sensors are in/under the dashboard/centre console.
  5. adrian2006uk

adrian2006uk Member

can somebody confirm exactly where the lateral & longitudinal sensors are on my 2005 pre-facelift a3.and what they atually look like pic would help

many thanks ada