Little bit of wmi advice please

I use 99% pure methanol from my local model shop,which is around £15,and Halfords 5L demin water at around £3 currently.

I use 99% pure methanol from my local model shop,which is around £15,and Halfords 5L demin water at around £3 currently.
Is that for 5L meth Alex? I've got some in the garage somewhere from my local model shop also, i'm going to dig it out now to have a look

Steve

Is that for 5L meth Alex? I've got some in the garage somewhere from my local model shop also, i'm going to dig it out now to have a look

Steve

Hi Steve...yes it is.

I did a bit of shopping around when I bought the kit,and found my local shop was pretty comparable to anything else I could find.

I always use demin or distilled water as our local water is 'ard as nails.

Yeah I remember your posts alex was very interesting.
I dont think the stuff I found in my garage would be suitable lol, its a mix of methanol and Nitromethane. Wonder what would happen its what I used in my helis
cc8e9e720fbb339ac05a5df99d5226b0.jpg

Reactions: S3Alex
Go on eBay, get 25l of pure methanol and 25l of distilled water then mix your own. Works out much cheaper that way.
Ps buying some plastic brewing taps makes it easier to get the meth out of the drums.

Go on eBay, get 25l of pure methanol and 25l of distilled water then mix your own. Works out much cheaper that way.
Ps buying some plastic brewing taps makes it easier to get the meth out of the drums.
Ye i've seen those on ebay and not bad price either as long as what you get matches whats on the label and with no contamination. I dont think they are too far from me so may go and pick some up soon.
Good idea having it on tap in the garage with a mixing bottle will be so much easier

With reguard to fuelling yes im sure It will be adjusted aswell but i'm waiting for the switchable stage 2 map to be done (got a couple more things to do first) so it will have to run a more generic stage 1 map for now. I want a 'safe mode' so I can disable the meth if needed so I dont have to rely on solely on running the meth

Thanks

Steve

The amounts of methanol you'll be running won't actually be very high in terms of volume,as a 4L tank of 50% can last some weeks even on my own car,which is programmed to start at 8psi and run through to max at 32psi.

I've tried working it out,but frankly unless you run full throttle/full boost continuously,it won't amount to a huge change in fuelling.

Most of us who use WMI don't specifically map the timing for WMI either.

Yeah I remember your posts alex was very interesting.
I dont think the stuff I found in my garage would be suitable lol, its a mix of methanol and Nitromethane. Wonder what would happen its what I used in my helis
cc8e9e720fbb339ac05a5df99d5226b0.jpg

That stuff would certainly make a difference....!

Reactions: S3 Hilife
I was getting around 3 weeks to a 5l tank running a d07 nozzle.

So not a whole lot of difference to what I get,as a lot of the time noodling around,you're off power/boost.

We run the largest of AEM's supplied nozzles on mine which would clear 1000cc's/min at full bore,but none of us ever get near that,even in track conditions with a progressive controller,and considering the amount of time you can spend on full boost.

Reactions: skiptowncat
Thats more than I expected, In that case mine should last months with a little D03 nozzle

We started off with one of the smaller nozzles on the old GT3071,and then as it was getting maxed out,went to the bigger nozzle,and finally reset the start and finish points of the controller for the GTX3076,and yes,if you do a long high boost run,you will see the fluid level drop,but other than that,it's not too greedy.

Reactions: skiptowncat
Also is running it pre map sensor a problem?

Ok, I have a welly cooler but still have the standard map sensor tube. I want to put the meth injector in the piece of pipe I have connecting from it the silicone hose from the cooler at the top of the wheel arch. Would that be ok? Thanks

is it on APY? I dont really know the answer to that mate but they say its recommended to fit 6-8" before the TB, Tom will it not fit after the map sensor in the hose

Steve

Also is running it pre map sensor a problem?

The only potential running it pre-MAP sensor is the sensor can get a bit furred up and mine did get some gunk on it over a couple of years.
It was still working,but noticeably coated.

Planning on fitting wmi soon, got d.o base kit, where is best to fit the pressure switch?

is it on APY? I dont really know the answer to that mate but they say its recommended to fit 6-8" before the TB, Tom will it not fit after the map sensor in the hose

Steve

Mines an amk, I suppose I could put it there, would have been easier where I planned.

The only potential running it pre-MAP sensor is the sensor can get a bit furred up and mine did get some gunk on it over a couple of years.
It was still working,but noticeably coated.

Can it be cleaned? I take it the kit gave you the desired results running that far from the tb?

Thanks

Can it be cleaned? I take it the kit gave you the desired results running that far from the tb?

Thanks

Yes...it wasn't a problem and only found it when I was having problems with the throttle body(not related to WMI),but in fact an issue with load correction.

d07??

feck thats big
It was required to make up additional fuelling. The injectors are maxed out at around 460bhp and there are no aftermarket ones available for the mazdas.
I did plan to put a d10 in there and run 100% meth to try and crack 550bhp but couldn't be bothered

It was required to make up additional fuelling. The injectors are maxed out at around 460bhp and there are no aftermarket ones available for the mazdas.
I did plan to put a d10 in there and run 100% meth to try and crack 550bhp but couldn't be bothered
dayum
you must be using this for fueling not just cooling?!?!?
direct port it? several smaller ones?

dayum
you must be using this for fueling not just cooling?!?!?
direct port it? several smaller ones?
Couldn't be bothered butchering the manifold again, and if you're so dependant and then it fails mid-pull...no matter how good the map I reckon it would blow.

There is a guy running a precision 5862 turbo with 1x d03 in each runner and a d05 (iirc) pre throttle body.
He's up at 450 bhp running not much more than spring pressure (14psi).
He should end up around 600

I sold the Mazda because I couldn't be bothered tinkering any more...*buys s4, mrc stage 2, forge charge cooler and rs4 grille"

Reactions: superkarl
map blocked?
AEM kit I dont think has output for solenoid?
The place i took the car to said my map was blocked and he couldnt extract it to tweak it. not sure if this is possible or true? He said if he couldnt tweak/extract the map would be looking at 600 to 800 quid. Im thinking it may be worth a trip down to you to see whats going on?

Guys how do you rate the DIY installation of a WM kit something like the aquamist HFS4 v3?

I am considering WM kit but kinda worried of the installation and tidiness of cables / hoses. As the car only has 5500km on the odometer.

How many of you running the wiper tank as a WM reservoir?

The place i took the car to said my map was blocked and he couldnt extract it to tweak it. not sure if this is possible or true? He said if he couldnt tweak/extract the map would be looking at 600 to 800 quid. Im thinking it may be worth a trip down to you to see whats going on?
how much for a map??

feck me

Guys how do you rate the DIY installation of a WM kit something like the aquamist HFS4 v3?

I am considering WM kit but kinda worried of the installation and tidiness of cables / hoses. As the car only has 5500km on the odometer.

How many of you running the wiper tank as a WM reservoir?
Anyone? Would like to hear your input

Anyone? Would like to hear your input

Sorry mate I cant help you too much on that one still not having done mine yet :( but there's lots of ppl using their washer bottle as will I be aswell, there's nothing difficult about the install but it may be quite time consuming if you want to make it neat and stealthy. I will be hiding the pump behind the bumper below the washer bottle and running as much of the pipework and wiring out of sight as possible.
I dont know how different yours will be as i'm assuming you have a much newer car, just give it a go and take your time and i'm sure it will be all good :)

Steve

Reactions: Mario8P
On another note though, I took out a new policy with Adrian Flux who were awesome, very helpful and highly recommended they beat all other quotes including Chris Knott, Sky etc by hundreds and with ALL mods declared inc wmi so I'm very happy :)

Quick question

I'm hopefully going to get the install finnished this weekend abw and also thinking about plugging the headlamp washers aswell so not to waste the meth and pulling fuse 33 to disable the pump. Is it wise to disable the headlamp washers or are they best left active.

Steve

Quick question

I'm hopefully going to get the install finnished this weekend abw and also thinking about plugging the headlamp washers aswell so not to waste the meth and pulling fuse 33 to disable the pump. Is it wise to disable the headlamp washers or are they best left active.

Steve
If am going to use the washer fluid tank I wouldn't deactivate the pump. As you would never know what might happen that will lead you to use your washer fluid.
From my googling seems if your using a 50/50 mix there will be no harm done. As the blue -20 washer fluid already contains a fair amount of methanol.
Please correct me if am wrong

If am going to use the washer fluid tank I wouldn't deactivate the pump. As you would never know what might happen that will lead you to use your washer fluid.
From my googling seems if your using a 50/50 mix there will be no harm done. As the blue -20 washer fluid already contains a fair amount of methanol.
Please correct me if am wrong

Sorry mario I think you misunderstood my question mate, Would like to find out if theres any reason I cant disable and isolate the headlamp washers as I dont want to waste fluid unnecessarily, or if its something other people do when using the washer tank. Driving at night alot you could waste alot of mixture as the leadlamp washers seem to use alot of fluid, pulling fuse 33 should only disable the pump for the headlights

Steve

But the headlamp washers are a legal requirement if hids or xenon lamps fitted. The controller only activates them briefly or every 3 squirts depending on vehicle. Run the quantum fluid neat it's 49% meth

Reactions: Mario8P