little B***tards :(

dre_S3

Reaction score
went out to the car today to find this :wtf: i have sourced another boot and window of an a3 for £20 as i have a few dents on this boot and was going to get it resprayed in the future, will it be a straight change over i know the spoiler will need to be changed over is there anything i need swap internally locks ect

IMG_2379_zps02d0e98d.jpg

IMG_2378_zps18094b37.jpg

IMG_2377_zpse8da6ad2.jpg

oh yeah i tried to sort things out and shut the front door and this happened :mad:
IMG_2380_zpsd40129b9.jpg

are you sure you aint been screwing your next door neighbours wife

Reactions: s3dave
just been reading about windows failing and breaking, can anyone tell by the pictures if its deliberate or not

:wtf: You can say that again !

Bit of an unusual deliberate act ? unless they were trying to get into the car without breaking the glass and ran off when it did break ?

I had the same happen to me, went in at lunch time with the car intact, came out after lunch and the back window had imploded and shattered like yours. My car was on a manor house private estate parked next to a brand new ff under video surveillance, no one touched it, it just imploded of its own accord! Window fitter said something about a pressure lock but I can't remember exactly, I just remember it raining and me being ****** off.

:wtf: You can say that again !

Bit of an unusual deliberate act ? unless they were trying to get into the car without breaking the glass and ran off when it did break ?

i know the more i look in to this and the look off the break it looks more like it exploded
hope family are ok

I had the same happen to me, went in at lunch time with the car intact, came out after lunch and the back window had imploded and shattered like yours. My car was on a manor house private estate parked next to a brand new ff under video surveillance, no one touched it, it just imploded of its own accord! Window fitter said something about a pressure lock but I can't remember exactly, I just remember it raining and me being ****** off.

yeah its raining now got to go out and sort it mate :banghead: sound like this could of happened then

Not good reading this,hope you get a cheap fix Dre

By the look of your pics no impact point but looks can be deceiving gutted for ya

I've heard of windows shattering on their own before from temperature changes. Hope you get it sorted soon.

This has been known to happen on its own, so not necessarily someone else that has done this.

It has been known to happen. Cars have venting points when doors are closed, situated behind the rear lights to relieve cabin pressure. It's a pretty big deal, I was talking to an engineer at work whos involved in this on a range rover, he was stressing the importance of making sure vents aren't blocked.