Linksys WRT54G and AOL broadband

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
OK, does anyone have this setup on this forum, as I can't get the damn router to connect with AOL broadband, so no internet for me at work! It's was working at one point, but I didn't actually set it up myself, and the router has somehow lost all the settings, I've tried everything that I could think of, so any pointers would be appreciated.

TIA

Joe

Not the easiest thing to describe but....

1. Go to: START>CONTROL PANEL>NETWORK CONNECTIONS
2. Double click on the network connection that you are using to connect to the router (the wireless card if you connect this way, or Local Area Connection
3. Click on the SUPPORT tab.
4. Address type shown should be 'Assigned By DHCP' in most cases. If it isn't, let me know and i'll help from there.

PS Get another ISP as soon as you can!

Not trying to be funny but ditch AOL ASAP! Get a proper ISP like Nildram instead.

Thanks for the input guys, will try tomorrow, I actually don't have a choice on the ISP, as I invested in a wireless router to rob a colleague's bandwidth lol. She live at the building and has subscribed to AOL, so I asked her politely if she'd mind, and she's ok about it - result!, so I can surf and whore whilst working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whats happens when you....

Click Start

Click Run

Type CMD

Press Enter

Type ping yahoo.com

?