Linking Computer Monitors Together

johnnywb

Reaction score
Does anyone know how easy it is to get three monitors displaying the same thing? Basically, we ahve a show to do and we'd like to run three monitor from a single source, all facing different ways. Is this easily acheived or do yuo need lots of extra kit?

thanks in advance.

p.s. we would be running a DVD.

WindowsXP supports multiple monitors. I know it definatly supports 2 showing the same thing, never tried 3 though. All you need is an extra graphics card to plug your additional monitor into, and then be able to change the graphics settings.

Try it with 3 cards, and it might even work.

Good luck
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

well windows xp supports up tp 10 monitors, but it depends what you want to do.

Do you want to display the actual viewing contents of your screen on another screen, or have an independant display being shown?

the simplest option for showing your screen is a mains powered VGA splitter, that means that you can run a longer VGA cable to the screen you want to use without any signal degradation.

If you want independant displays, then multiple video cards or a single dual output card should do the trick.

All we want to do is show a DVD on three screens at the same time. We can use either a DVD player, A Powerbook G4 or a windows machine. We don't need anything particularly fancy. The 2 additional screens can just be ghost screens of the main screen.

I'd imagine a splitter is the best way to mirror the image you are seeing on the main machine. I run a dual head grphx card, which extends the screen, but does not mirror it. At work I often use a G4 with a splitter to a projector. Never looked into running three screens yet, obviously it's possible. There must be a how to on the net surely.

....here - what about this? I just found it quickly and don't have time to mull it over, but I'm sure it must be close!

clicky

hope it helps a bit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rob