1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lingering revs

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by taxi_adam, Dec 13, 2012.

1. taxi_adam

taxi_adam New Member

Hi all,

New to the forum. Bought my B7 A4 2.0TFSI Quattro about a week ago.

Being reading up on this forum ever since.

I read something about lingering revs but cannot for the life in me find the thread again.

When sat at idle, if I were to tap the accelerator to about 2000rpm, the revs hold for a second or two instead of dropping straight back to idle. It seems to be especially apparent when the engine is cold.

Can anyone confirm this as an issue or is it normal?

Thanks,
    Adam.
  2. Rheady

Rheady Member

Could be a dirty throttle body. The internal flap may be sticking. Worth a go as you can do it yourself. Even better would be to have it scanned.
  3. taxi_adam

taxi_adam New Member

Thanks.

You reckon that could also be a reason for lack of throttle responsiveness? As some times when accelerating it doesn't seem to register until a half press of the throttle.
  4. Rheady

Rheady Member

I had a petrol turbo golf and you'd be supprised at the amount of **** that can build up. Liberal amounts of carb cleaner got it all clean. But it may also be worth your while having it scanned. Perhaps a good injector cleaner to clean you system out too. To clean the throttle body out will only cost you a can of carb cleaner if you are handy with the tools.
  5. g00se

g00se Member

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  6. Rheady

Rheady Member

Depending on how you drive your car the clutch and flywheel should last longer than that.
  7. taxi_adam

taxi_adam New Member

Mines done 64k. TBH the clutch doesn't feel / sound to be doing anything it shouldn't. I normally drive fairly steady since I am trying to figure out what MPG I can get out of it. But obviously given a bit of a chance I do get the foot down.

I only notice the lack of responsiveness when in neutral. Some times it responds immeadiately as I would expect, other times it is half press accelerator.

Only noticed whilst queing down the M1 on the way home from work.

I'll try have a look at it this weekend with a tin of carb cleaner. And check the PCV and DV while I am at it.

Thanks for your help. :thumbsup:
  8. PhilMill63

PhilMill63 Member

Mine has always done this, I was told it's an "anti stall" system!! it made sense to me...
  9. MrNorma

MrNorma New Member

I also have this in a 56 2.0 TFSi seems strange
  10. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Had this on my old one. Was carbon build up on the throttle body, £100 later and problem went.