Lincoln Audi - Completely Rubbish??

Roulston86

Reaction score
Just a warning for anyone every considering to buy a car from LINCOLN AUDI *JCT*

Ive owned my lovely S3 2007 that i bought from Lincoln back in September last year, unfortunately i have nothing good to say about them so far. i work away at sea and made my purchase over the phone with a salesman, my dad gave it a test drive and was pretty happy with it, so all went ahead as planned. little did i know that this was going to be a complete and utter f**k up. *id like to point out this is my first serious buy from a dealer, previous cars are clio 172 and FTO GPX.*

i picked it up first day back from sea, drove away and happy and assured by the salesman that everything was great with the car...... 2 months later i had a phone call from Lincoln Audi telling me my MOT was due and needed to be booked in, i explained that i had just bought the car and was told that an MOT had been carried out once I bought the car, I checked my paperwork and NO MOT. After speaking with a sales manager he said they would collect my car and carry out an MOT free of charge, so i was pretty happy. apart from my car was in barrow in furness with me at work and they drove it there n back putting 400 miles on my car :/. i was assured that this was just a rare incident made by the sales team and it would not happen again.
3 months later my service light came on, checking my paper work yet again. NO SERVICE had been done. i had racked up a few miles by then and booked it in myself for a full service as it was at the 50,000. dropping the car off at 9am i was told to return at 5 to collect the car. when i arrived they asked me if the cambelt had been changed? yet again i explained i bought the car from them 6 months ago and shouldnt they know this? i checked my paperwork and NO CAMBELT CHANGE, although i did find paperwork from another Audi dealership from a previous service at 38,000 with a note at the bottom saying CAMBELT CHANGE DUE. this was back in early 2012. Audi said they would change the belt etc and the service had been completed and to return tomorrow. the next day they tried to change me £800 for the cambelt change, oil change, oil and pollen filter... at the end of it all I paid for the service and had an apology from Lincoln Audi.

has anyone else been royally screwed over??

Mate, you can't trust anyone in the car trade and even Audi dealers unfortunately. You need to check all these things out before you pick it up. Obviously you'd like to think they are honest and get things right straight away but it's up to you to make sure it's all ready and everything has been done before you collect.

Lincoln Audi is my nearest Audi and the finance guy was literally laughing at me when I wanted to buy an S3. They have always been brilliant for parts for me but the sales side not so good.

TBH you should have checked on day of pick up that all the paper work was to hand MOT service stamp etc
so i cant see why there bad and the warning in case anyone wants to buy from them.
ok they should have done these things but then again i make sure all the mot certs and stamps are done.

I can empathise with you. New car and used car sales guys at Audi Lincoln suck.....:aggressive:
A service can be from anything like basic engine oil change and few checks, to addition of filters and spark plugs. Additional service items like gearbox oils and cambelts are on top of this for which your charged even if you have a service plan with the car.

They lie about the frequency of their **** ups.. easy to say sorry after they've been caught out. But where was the goodwill gesture, of say a discount for the work you had to pay for.

We've just bought an A5 cab from Doncaster Audi JCT. By the sounds of it, 2 different beast's as we've had nothing but A1 service from them so far. I must point out that we don't collect the car til tomorrow so aftersales i've no experience of. Saying that, if they irror the sales team, Andy for one, then all's good.
Firstly, they gave us top wack on our trade in
Next they replaced both 19'' front tyres for Dunlop S.Maxx GT's as I wasn't happy with a tiny bit of sidewall damage on each, thats £276 per tyre on the Audi tyre site
They then refund us £200 of the admin fee of £205 as they never told us this was part of the 1st payment (little under hand? not sure but they sorted it without any hassle)
Finally, we were gonna pick it up B.Hol Monday, 1st April, solely so that we could tax it (at our cost) for April rather than miss out on a month's tax of £11.25 if it was taxed in March. They have now rung to ask if we'll agree to pick it up tomorrow and for the 1 mths tax we'll miss out on, they'll fill it up with diesel.
Talk about great service, they've been absolutely bob on so far.
Compared with the shower of poo at Evans Halshaw Reno Doncaster, which seems similar to the OP's Lincoln dealer, Doncaster Audi are leagues above them.

Gotta say Leeds Audi have given me nothing but totally top class service, they are part of the sytner group, don't know if that has anything to do with it. Sounds like they are clowns, I guess its tough if you work away but I would always check mot cert and service light/ book when picking up a new car.

In my opinion i dont think they did anything wrong.

Its your responsibility to check mot, service history and condition of car on sale. The sales man just wants to sell the car no matter what. The car its self is not defective just not been maintained.

I think its lucky u never got screwed over on the MOT and that it passed. Count yourself lucky loads of problems didnt come out.

This makes me ponder what do you do when you buy a car? did u not check any paper work? Things like this make me worry and the fact you drove it 400 miles to carry out a £30 MOT makes me worry more. serrrioousllly???

I word of advice take care of your car yourself dont rely on others. For example you see your door is creeky, grease it yourself dont take it to audi asking why they didnt grease it. They cant do this for every car

we brought our a3 convertible of them weekend before christmas and for me they were spot on done the deal over the phone the car was on 32000 miles so was expecting to change tyres when we picked it up it had 4 new michelin pilot sport 3 tyres on it had new pads and discs all round it had a full service including a brake fluid service none of the items i asked them to do so car was well prepped and can't really fault them, whether this was because we were travelling 150 miles to pick it up i don't know but speak as you find no complaints from me

As part of the contract, it's up to the dealer, who are the so called professionals+ experts to ensure everything is 100%
Besides they sells cars day in day out. NO EXCUSE!!

Umm If tyres less than 3mm they change them anyway.
I'm surprised a car with 32k miles needed new pads and discs.. previous owner must have been very hard on them.

I bought a VW GTi over the phone from main dealer, specifically asked if there was any body/paint and alloy wheel damage. Was assured it was 100%.. guess what, when went to pick up, all alloys scuffed, 2 down to metal stone chips and cracked wing mirror.
Some gezzer from body shop tried to fob me off with a full tank of fuel if I'd drive away as it was.. I declined and said sort it.. To cut long story short they picked car up from my home, then in Hampshire, took it to their repair shop in Grimsby, then returned the car about a week later.
In all must have cost them about £600 plus after complaining about wasting my time, was given a cheque for £125...

I must say, and this is not a dig in anyway, but why would you 'buy a car over the phone' without physically seeing it?? Am I missing the point here altogether? A sale is a sale to a salesman, regardless of his character and more so, regardless of what he did or did not tell you. Buying over the phone must be salesman's dream buyer. If you physically do not inspect the vehicle, it's documents and history then prepare to be 'had' one way or another. It's not hard making even the simplest of checks when you're parting with ££££££'s.

the car i brought was audi approved so the discs and pads must have been worn down enough for them to change i had the sales guy email me loads of pictures of inside and out as it was audi approved not too worried any problems just take it to my local audi dealer 5 miles away

the car i brought was audi approved so the discs and pads must have been worn down enough for them to change i had the sales guy email me loads of pictures of inside and out as it was audi approved not too worried any problems just take it to my local audi dealer 5 miles away

Your right adey, they are duty bound, as an Audi dealer, to repair replace any faults prior and during sale or else you'd back out. Discs and pads replaced also at 32k is not uncommon at all, motorway driving will wear discs and pads more than inner city driving so it doesn't mean the car was driven hard at all.