1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limp mode (turbo) vcds scan

zippyijk Jun 24, 2011

1. zippyijk

zippyijk Member

Been having a problem with my 8P A3. The car goes into limp mode when under load.
    Previously I had been getting overboost dtc so the turbo was removed and cleaned. Hadn't had a problem in a while but had the cylinder head replaced recently (VAG P.O.S.! :( ).
    Got a friend to scan for me tonight expect to see an overboost dtc again but this is the code that popped up??

16631 - Solenoid Valve 2 for Boost Pressure Control (N274): Malfunction
    P0247 -- 000 -- -
    Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 2856 /min
    Torque: 258.0 Nm
    Speed: 120.0 km/h
    Load: 68.6 %
    Voltage: 14.14 V
    Bin. Bits: 00101000
    Absolute Pres.: 2223.6 mbar
    Absolute Pres.: 2590.8 mbar

Any ideas?

BTW that VCDS unit is extremely cool, with 3 VAG cars in my family I think I'll have to get my own. Just need to save up the money to get one off NHN :)

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Assume thats a BKD block, maybe the solenoid valve block has a pipe loose, check the black squarish block thats kinda fitted just in front & below the passenger side wiper mechanism, has about 6 small tubes coming from it, check this is connected properly & then follow each one to where it connects to, this unit houses several solenoid valves, so maybe this is at fault or a tubes come loose.

If this is at fault I have 1 spare.