1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limp mode (turbo) vcds scan

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by zippyijk, Jun 24, 2011.

1. zippyijk

zippyijk Member

Been having a problem with my 8P A3. The car goes into limp mode when under load.
    Previously I had been getting overboost dtc so the turbo was removed and cleaned. Hadn't had a problem in a while but had the cylinder head replaced recently (VAG P.O.S.! :( ).
    Got a friend to scan for me tonight expect to see an overboost dtc again but this is the code that popped up??

16631 - Solenoid Valve 2 for Boost Pressure Control (N274): Malfunction
    P0247 -- 000 -- -
    Freeze Frame:
    RPM: 2856 /min
    Torque: 258.0 Nm
    Speed: 120.0 km/h
    Load: 68.6 %
    Voltage: 14.14 V
    Bin. Bits: 00101000
    Absolute Pres.: 2223.6 mbar
    Absolute Pres.: 2590.8 mbar

Any ideas?

BTW that VCDS unit is extremely cool, with 3 VAG cars in my family I think I'll have to get my own. Just need to save up the money to get one off NHN :)
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Assume thats a BKD block, maybe the solenoid valve block has a pipe loose, check the black squarish block thats kinda fitted just in front & below the passenger side wiper mechanism, has about 6 small tubes coming from it, check this is connected properly & then follow each one to where it connects to, this unit houses several solenoid valves, so maybe this is at fault or a tubes come loose.

If this is at fault I have 1 spare.