Limp mode on my 2010 a3 2.0tdi 140 s-line

m80rck

Reaction score
I've just went out to my car and the orange coil light is flashing and engine management light on and the car is in limp mode,took it to my local garage and they said it is a turbo problem and they don't touch turbos,any one had this or know of this happening and what could be causing the problem?

I've just went out to my car and the orange coil light is flashing and engine management light on and the car is in limp mode,took it to my local garage and they said it is a turbo problem and they don't touch turbos,any one had this or know of this happening and what could be causing the problem?
I wouldn't just take their word for it, get the car scanned somewhere else and post up the fault code.

What's the diagnostic error showing?

He didn't say what the codes were,just said it was coming up turbo related,he wiped the codes and took it out and was driving fine then went back to limp mode and lights were on again.

Could be sticky vanes in the turbo, they can be removed and cleaned, do you regularly open it up when driving?

I do open it up when driving it,was away camping and had the engine running for a while for radio/power point ect and the next day had the problem,dnt know if that's got anything to do with it?

If you'd like advise, post up the codes so the input is more suited to your actual fault, without that its like ******* in the wind I'm afraid :)

Thanks for the adivice guys,got someone coming over to get me the codes and will post them up shortly

IMG 3225

Attachments

• IMG_3226.JPG
    IMG_3226.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 91