1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limp mode help

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by chris1988brown, May 17, 2010.

1. chris1988brown

Hi guys
    I recently fit a hybrid turbo but yet to have it maped, I've been using the car and it's been fine even had some sprinted drivin, however yesterday it went in limp mode when cruisin at 70mph I stopes the car restarted n it was fine until I went over 2k revs and keeps doin this, also if sat still wen raisin the revs and letting it off there is a growling sound bit like the turbos gone but checked it and it's fine could this be the egr valve? Any help would be great

cheers chris

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. waqi

waqi Member

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere you'll get limp mode often with a hybrid until you get a new map on - The ecu still thinks it should be producing same power

4. akash_sky1

akash_sky1 Active Member

if your hybrids boosting more then what the ECU requests then it'll go into limp mode. Seeing as though your hybrid flows more air the same boost then the original and ECU map is standard this sounds like the cause.