lights way to low

S3eddiet

Reaction score
Hi Folks, i have fitted night braker bulbs D1S to my 2007 S3 but have been noticing that have been getting closer and closer to the front of the car on the road and i just see the light on the road over the steering wheel which is around 7ft in front of me with both lights.
Does anyone know what could be causing them to be so close to the front of car?
Eddie

This ones easy, you put the bulbs in the wrong way. They angle of the bulb means a looot. Try it again :p

If they are getting closer and closer as you say then the adjusters are not working. First thing is ti check the adj arm is connected and on the correct side.

I presume your S3 will have xenon's..?

If so then your light's will be none adjustable by a switch in your car, You have either fitted the bulbs the wrong way or you will need to get them adjusted but if this is the case then It's a Audi job or someone with VagCom and a headlight beam tester....

check the level sensing arms on the suspension, when they break the lights usually fall to the floor.

This ones easy, you put the bulbs in the wrong way. They angle of the bulb means a looot. Try it again :p

Hahaha pmsl, bulbs only go in one way so they are fitted correctly lol

check the level sensing arms on the suspension, when they break the lights usually fall to the floor.

That could be it, had it off for changing the back springs, just away go and check it just now, will keep you posted..

I presume your S3 will have xenon's..?

If so then your light's will be none adjustable by a switch in your car, You have either fitted the bulbs the wrong way or you will need to get them adjusted but if this is the case then It's a Audi job or someone with VagCom and a headlight beam tester....

Yes it has xenons lights and no adjuster in the car

Problem found and it an OUCH lol £126 quid from audi for the attached and I only need the link bar grrr

Attachments

• 20160205_095849.jpg
    20160205_095849.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 121
You'd be shocked at how many people I've seen put bulbs in upside down and makes there dipped beams so low to the floor it's scary, But fair enough you found it :D

You'd be shocked at how many people I've seen put bulbs in upside down and makes there dipped beams so low to the floor it's scary, But fair enough you found it :D

That it done new leveling sensor fitted at the back and lights now leveling out just fine lol only thing is I have moved the adjusters on the lights so my hight might be to high now so will need to get them set again grrr more money hahaha