1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lights on Heater Switchs/Knobs.

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by darrenp, Jan 10, 2006.

1. darrenp

darrenp Member

Hi,
    Recently the lights on my heater switches went out (1999 TDI). This happened before and I changed the bulb and all was well. This time it is not the bulbs. I thought that maybe the fuse but all the other lights around the dash are still on - do the lights on these swiches have a fuses of their own?

One thing to note is that when I noticed they went down I turned the knobs and they came on and turned them again and they went out again and havent came on again since.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
    Darren

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Charlies604

Charlies604 Member

A sharp hit on the side of the console may help!
    Mines doin it at the moment. When i turn the lights on i have to hit the side to get the heater lights to come on.
    think theres a loose wire. But im not sure how easy it is to take it all apart!

4. darrenp

darrenp Member

Its a headache taking it apart. The first time I changed the bulb I took it all apart - but this time I changed the bulb by pulling off the knob and then using hair tweezers to remove and replace the bulb - much handily!

I'll try the hard knock to the side of the console to see what happens!!!

5. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

Definetely a loose connection there hehe!