1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lights on alert?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Strick, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Strick

Strick Member

Do any of the A4s come with a buzzer or anything to tell you you have left your lights on after the ignition is switched off? Wuite suprised mine doesnt have this as i pretty much assumed most modern cars would have. Its no major deal, just means i get out, lock it then spot theyre on so have to unlock again to switch them off. lol.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. waveform2

waveform2 * J e d i *

Hi,

Not sure about all but mine deff. has a buzzer when the lights are left on.

Cheers

Derek

4. Strick

Strick Member

Hmmmm, could even be that it has one thats faulty then i guess. Will have to look further into this me thinks.

5. waveform2

waveform2 * J e d i *

Im sure its not a big job to fix, someone will have done it on here im sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

6. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

i have!

got a set of 2nd hand clocks. took them apart (v easy), unsoldered old buzzer (v easy) and soldered in place of old buzzer.

Piece of p!ss and no probs now!

I paid £10 for my clocks

7. Strick

Strick Member

So the unit is on the clocks then as opposed to in the fusebox or wherever?

8. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

yep. on the back of the clocks is a load of little holes like a speaker grill 1" diameter. press in all the clips, undo the screw at each end to remove circuit board.

on the speaker there is a brown cover. push the clips in and remove 1 side leaving other still attached. Then unsolder and prize out

9. whilst its all open would be a shame not to also stick on some cluster rings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

Aggggggggggggggggh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are the sole reason I bought new clusters and incidentally changed over the buzzer!!

I bought some of those rings from german ebay. What they don't tell you is in order to fit them you have to prize the transparent cover from the rest of the case, applying too much pressure at the wrong point will crack the plastic as it is very brittle! Then the nightmare started! Glued the rings on with superglue suitable for plastics and metals, but of course there is the lovely looking matt finish on the plastic, which the glue wouldn't stick to! Put it all together, fitted them in the car and then they fell off!!! Also it is very hard when positioning them not to get a tiny bit of glue on the visible plastic part, which is very unsightly!!! So in the end I ended up with loads of glue everywhere!

If all of that wasn't bad enough, I had to move the car when the clusters were removed and so the airbag light came on for a minute each time from then!!!!

NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can get off german ebay the rings already glued to the case so that it is a very simple swap. This must be much better!!!!

11. Strick

Strick Member

Cheers for the tips.
    I fitted dial surrounds to my Cav (MHW ones) they were very fiddley to fit but WELL worth it, its something i shall do in time on the Audi. What other chromey bits can you get for inside?