Light Warning Problem

Sweedish

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am a new member looking for some help with my 2000 2.7t avant, when the lights are left on the car no longer gives a warning beep to remind you to turn them off, i have also noticed my drivers side courtesy light and puddle light dont seem to be working either so im sure there is a link. I have checked the fuses and all seems ok, any ideas please?

thanks
luca

check the courtesy light door switch this will be either broken od contacts dirty

I once had the same problem on a Mk3 Golf and found the buzzer unit at fault (looks like a relay).Guess it can probably be found somwhere near the Fuse box.

I have the same issue with the rear passenger footwell lights and puddle light. The door switch is an integral part of the door lock mechanism and consists of two micro switches. a lot of hassle to fix unless you replace the door lock there is athread on here which covers replacing the actual switches.

good luck

Max

And now the front drivers is playing up and i cant tget the lock off as the key mechanism is in the way.

Ill be glad when this things gone. On the polus side i got a lock from ebay new still in box for 15 quid

What biatch to fit. Had to remove the door subframe to release the door lock as the key lock gets in the way. however spent the rest of the weekend realigning all the door subframes as they were all a bit out from when i got the car. and hey presto some of the wind noise is gone.

Just need a rear lock for the OS passengers door as the switch is u/s for the lights i checked it and there is no sign of dried grease or anything so just a faulty switch.

Ill check farnell for the switches but really want a door lock mechanism as it will be easier.

M