1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light bulb warning ????

godwine May 2, 2004

1. godwine

godwine Member

As subjected, my 2000 1.8TQ seems to think that I am having problems with my bulb.. all head lights lit up, Fog, low, high.. everything.. what could it be? I didn't check the tail light, will that give a warning? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

2. kgough

kgough Member

Yep, check the tail lights because they will cause the warning light to come on if one has failed!

3. Mutinyno9

Mutinyno9 Member

there is a different warning for tail lights and head lights. The warning for taillights will say "Brake Light" and the headlights will have like a ( ) with a bulb looking thing inside.

4. kgough

kgough Member

On my European '97 A4 2.8 quattro the taillight warning is the picture of a bulb in a circle with a cross through it (in amber). I would assume that the 'brake light' warning is for the brake lights?!

5. godwine

godwine Member

Hmm.. little loss here.. I have a bulb with a X mark in the center.. I know its not the brake.. i just put in new rotors and pads myself... i will check my tail light and see if thats the culprit... One thing for sure though, all 3 pairs of "front" lights lit up ok...

6. godwine

godwine Member

Got some new findings.. i went out and bought some 7500K H7, put those on and that stupid warning mysterically disappeared.. now, when I examine those stock 3900K bulbs, one is Philip, the other is GE... but that shouldn't matter should it?