1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by voorhees, Mar 18, 2007.

1. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Australia F1 grand prix debut finished third
    WELL DONE son
  2. coupe-se

coupe-se Member

Nice to have a seriously talented Brit in a car that matches the level of talent!! Its going to make F1 a lot more watchable, and will be good to see Alonso under some proper pressure from a team mate.:icon_thumright:
  3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

He made an awesome move at the start!, definitely no fear of a driver, makes for an exciting watch.
    Still think Kimi in his Ferrari is gonna walk the championship this year though, constructors to McLaren maybe?
  4. Beerzo

Beerzo Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

Yeah Hamilton done very well pushed all the way and didnt sit back and nurse the car.

Button on the other hand should put up or shut up every race "we are not good enough" we are this and that. Why did you sign a big contract with the team then when they are guff?

His car was a mess at the weekend. Can that toataly be the teams fault? If it was he should chuck them they aint winning feck all and to only have 1 race win in all that time witht the team says alot about the team and the driver.

The Super Aguri's were better than them for a while! LOL
  5. Biglockie

Biglockie Aye you know it makes sense

The boy dun good!!
  6. Just Plain Old

Just Plain Old Active Member

Yep he did well, and seems to have all the qualities needed to become a world champion............. Mind you he has had 13 Years of backing from Ron Dennis, I guess that must help.........!!:)
  7. benw123

benw123 Moderator

What a huge talent Lewis is. Genuinely thrilled to watch him get a podium on his debut and push team-mate Alonso to deliver his best!

Can't wait for Malaysia now - what a season in store.
  8. BrianM

BrianM BrianM

Off to host/watch the Toyota test session at Barcelona at the beginning of May as a corporate thanks for our business partners, should be an interesting time to compare the different teams. Have to support the local Stevenage boy on the quiet of ocourse.
  9. silver75

silver75 Big Ron

He did really well, this will be an exciting season, just hope he doesnt end up like Nico Rosberg did the year before
  10. TRS1

TRS1 Topper Harley

He did do well, superb move at the start, but I do think everybody is getting carried away. "Next world champion" and all that. The fact is, he got into clean air at the start, was under no pressure from behind and was able to drive like it was a test session. Notice he struggled when he caught back markers? He has a lot to learn and a lot of experience to gain. I'm sure if he stays at Mclaren that sometime in the future he will fight for championships, but at the moment he has only completed one race and didn't have it too hard tbh.
    As for Button, that Honda was attrocious! They have a lot of work to do, and if he wants to win world championships he might have to consider switching teams. I believe he has the talent, he's a superb driver who has outshone every team mate he has had, he's just never had the car.
    I hope they both do well, but only time will tell.....
  11. silver75

silver75 Big Ron

...havent heard anyone claiming he is "the next world champion" and dont think people are getting too carried away either.. If he hadnt done well in qualifying he wouldnt have been at the front of the grid to start with
  12. TRS1

TRS1 Topper Harley

Have you been living in a cave?????
    Everybody in the F1 world has been saying that he is. Ron Dennis is quoted as saying "the ingredients are there to see".
    It's been one race and he went wheel to wheel with nobody.....
  13. silver75

silver75 Big Ron

guess Ive been living in a cave then :shrug:
  14. jojo

Oh come on, this is England FFS!, we are all gonna say he is world champion material regardless from his first performance as an F1 driver, then we are all gonna slate him when and if he fails... it's simple!... let's hope he makes the critics eat humble pie though, as I saw that race he did last year in GP2 is it?, where he came from the back of the field to finish 2nd with a masterclass driving in the form of Schumi style, so he definitely has potential. :racer:
  15. coupe-se

coupe-se Member

Nicely said jojo ........... this country is lousey at genuinely supporting our sportsman through thick and thin.

I think he has the potential to go all the way and has the support of the mighty McLaren behind him :yes:
  16. benw123

benw123 Moderator

I thought he was from Tewin? Maybe they've just "rounded up" his home town to one of the nearest, although Welwyn Garden City is probably closer.
  17. TRS1

TRS1 Topper Harley

Exactly, this is what I'm affraid of for the lad. He definetley has talent but he's only had one race so far in F1 and it's a little unfair to build him up so early. Like you say, I hope he does it....
  18. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Nice result.
  19. jojo

The boys doing good! :racer:
  20. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

He's doing well, only 'problem' is he's driving a very competitive car, sometimes i think its best for these guys to start in a middle of the road kinda team a la schumacher for Benneton - makes em try harder.

Well done to him tho, cant say i'd knock back the money or the women!
  21. Beerzo

Beerzo Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

Think he is doing very well indeed. Yeah he is driving a good car. But he is also keeping up pace with drivers that have been in a few years so he deffo has the skill level.
    Button entered at a well **** team to be honest and he has went no where. Best thing he can do is get away from Honda maybe try to get into BMW. As they are looking best of the rest at the moment. SuperAguri are doing well considering they are new to the sport. Wonder why they can get a half decent setup when Honda cant and they make the fooking car.
  22. jojo

Where as I agree that the results are related to him having a good car, let's not forget that his teamate is 'Double World Champion' Fernando Alonso, with the same car underneath him. Now where did he finish?

Now we just got to wait for him to have an engine let go, or not finish on the podium before the media comes swooping down.
  23. SamDude

SamDude Active Member

The boy continues to do good!
  24. jojo

GO ON MY SON! :racer:
  25. unkle

unkle Beer God

Finally, a reason to watch F1....
  26. jojo

:applaus: :racer: He's only gone and done it again! :superman: :applaus: