1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Letting the beast go....

Necroscope Jul 31, 2012

1. Necroscope

Necroscope Member

So today i px the S4 in against a carbon black 520d msport touring. I just thought i would put a few lines down regarding my car and wish everyone happy times with their cars moving forward.

So my S4 was new in March 2010 i was the only owner. She was/is Sprint blue on the 19" RS4 alloys, with fully sport seat, B&O, Blue tooth, parking sensors and ADS on the suspension only.

Firstly the B&O is fantastic on a CD but not so sweet on the radio as i didnt have DAB (mistake number 1).

I didnt opt for sat-nav because i dont need it (i know where i am going), and this was mistake number 2 as it killed the PX value.

I found that sprint blue hid the dirty very very well and a quick clean of the wheel and not the body almost had it looking as good as new.

Performace is sensational, unfortunatly handling isnt. My car sits on a nasty set of dunlops and doesnt have the sports diff (mistake number 3). I found understeer to be a problem and the back goes light under heavy braking. IMO the car is too quick for its self in this configuration.

So why am i selling her? Cost of running and servicing plays a big part. I also find that i do not enjoy driving enough anymore to pop out when the roads are clear to have a quick blast. Instead i find myself only able to go as fast as the diesel car infront and at 24 mpg that gets a tad frustrating.

The exhaust note on the car is a little mutted from inside but is much nicer when you hear one pass on the road.

Mechanically i had the water pump blow, the thermostat replaced and the light seals redone.

Whoever is luck enough to buy my car is going to get a real treat as i looked after it fantastically. She has just gone over 17K today.

Thanks for reading, good luck and maybe i will either see you on the dark side or back here in a few years.

Phil.

2. longp2

longp2 Active Member

Good luck, the 520d is a great car. I've had my S4 for 3 months now and love it, I have all the bits you said you should have spec'd and am glad that I took the advice of several owners across a few forums before I ordered.
    Enjoy the dark side!

3. Necroscope

Necroscope Member

For me it all came down to price. The options i missed would have been the straw that broke the camels back.

Fantastic car though, its been a very enjoyable ownership experience. She will be missed.....