1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Letter to the Honcho

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by L60N, Jul 10, 2008.

1. MarcQuinlivan

MarcQuinlivan Active Member

I would tend to disagree with that. I think the softly-softly approach is the better one to take at the initial stages with Audi CS. They will more than likely be unaware of the discussions with the dealer and it is best to give them the chance to review the situation and come up with a solution of their own accord - rather than issuing threats as that is unlikely to make them want to help out.

If after they've had the opportunity to rectify the situation you are still no happier then it is time to go at them with both barrels.

You don't want to dirty your bib too soon because the next time something goes wrong they'll be thinking "oh, here he comes again" and will all dive for cover.
  2. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member

:thumbsup:
  3. Sohrob

Sohrob Member

This is just my opinion however in my line of work dealing with large banks etc this has always been the most fruitful method. I feel that with big organisations it is best to hit them hard, he has been very patient and his complaint hasnt got anywhere.

Softly softly works well with your man on the street not with the big boys.
  4. bacardi

bacardi Active Member

Softly softly, nicey nicey, angry angry, feck all has worked with the 4 dealers I've tried

Went into (S)Hatfield Audi today to look at the A4 Estate S-Line, the dozy bint on reception said if I wanted information I would have to go to their website to get the brochure, when asked if she could give more info on pricing/options etc she looked as blank as the dealerships walls

Honestly, they are a shower of utter ***** - such an arrogant bunch of bottom feeders its incredible
  5. newbiecrg

newbiecrg windsurfer

well bacardi... you are unlucky... if they treated you like that why do we have the dealerships.

We could order the car online then...

My car is going for a service soon in Portsmouth Audi... So far no complaints... let's see how everything goes and what car will they give me as a replacement for the day... may a 10 year old A3!!! An A5 would do nicely though... ahaha

Pedro
  6. Stevie C

Stevie C Stevie C

What address did you send your letter too leon???
  7. MarcQuinlivan

jeremy DOT hicks AT audi DOT co DOT uk
  8. Stevie C

Stevie C Stevie C

Thanks.. i was having a blonde moment!!!
  9. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Well you should pop in to Huntingdon Audi again. I spent a good hour there yesterday afternoon just looking at cars and talking over new models with Lee and Malcolm. Both very knowledgable and extremely helpful guys. I've purchased all my six A3s from Lee. The first one was ten years ago when he was the junior salesman. He is now Local Business Deveopment Manager and deals with fleet sales all over the UK. They both knew my A3 was only 18months old and I have no interest in changing just yet. Lee said he had a new A3 2.0TDI-140 coming in next week and as soon as it was ready he would phone me and let me have a drive for an afternoon.
  10. MarcQuinlivan

That's exactly what a salesman selling premium models should be doing Dave - building a relationship with the customer. Especially a customer who they know is loyal to the brand because your recommendation to somebody considering Audi could make or break a sale - i.e. if a friend of yours asks you what you think and the dealership has treated you badly you'll send them to another dealer or another brand altogether.
  11. maxS3uk

maxS3uk mike

Yeah I did... Honda... they didn't care one bit. Never have a Honda again...

At least Audi UK sorted my problem... BUT got no faith in my local garage now though, still got to see them about my seat, but just cant be bothered after how they treated me last time...

:bye:
  12. bacardi

bacardi Active Member

I'm probably going to head over there tomorrow, colleague at work also lives near me and he's looking at another 3 series tourer or an A4 estate S line too - would be interesting to speak to someone who actually knows about the cars they're selling :)
  13. bacardi

bacardi Active Member

Yeah, that's pretty much my whole feelings too, lost the will to bother about it anymore, really hope one day the car either goes missing or blows up, was actually considering drainnig the gearbox oil and driving it to see what would happen
  14. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

I used to watch car theft programmes and wish I was that owner.:rolleyes:
  15. bacardi

bacardi Active Member

L60N - may have missed it but did you get a response from the Head Honcho?
  16. L60N

L60N Guest

Nope, but last friday his sec rang me, after i sent a 2nd chasing email.

Starting to think its a farce... Sorry, did i say think? i meant it IS!!
  17. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

That sucks.
    I work in customer marketing and I'm currently responsible for sorting out customer experience for a mobile operator... I'd love to tackle Audi next..... premium product commands premium service... even tier the service depending on budget.... £30k on a car should certinaly qualify for better service than is currently offered... especially when the issue is on a £1600 option.... I might send them my CV!!!

Have you thought about sending an email to Audi GMBH direct in Germany???
  18. L60N

L60N Guest

Ive just received a call from the lady at Audi.

She has informed that even though seats are not covered by warranty, and that they are quality checked before leaving the factory; that due to the fact i reported the probelm at 1000miles, and due to the experience i have had with the steering racks etc, they are willing to retrim my seat as a goodwill gesture. That entails replacing the padding and replacing the leather too.

Result.

Although i cant see how retrimming it would be any less time consuming/cost effective than replacing the whole thing, im still happy.

:)
  19. MarcQuinlivan

At least you got a result. Always better to give them a chance before jumping in with both barrels (and feet!)
  20. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

RESULT!!!

Get it booked in mate - get them to confirm there are no interior rattles before you leave it!
    And demand a nice loaner...
  21. L60N

L60N Guest

22. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

It would feel slow compared to your now :eyebrows:
    RS6 - drag car!!!
  23. bacardi

bacardi Active Member

Result, agree, replacing the seats would initially seem to be the cheaper/quicker option!
  24. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

Kind of a result, but I don't buy into the seats not being covered by warranty, my armchair at home has a warranty as does every other three piece suite so why not seats in a car. Utter Bo#*~+ks. I have had door trims replaced on my first 8L A3 1.8T due to premature wear.

Mark
  25. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

They're covered by the law - whether they're covered by warranty or not is irrelevant to be honest. But I agree with you: they WILL be covered by the warranty AS WELL as the law.

You should insist on new seats L6ON - if you can be arsed pushing it. They have to give you them. No buts.
  26. Kontraband

Kontraband Active Member

Good stuff bro... least they are sorting to your satisfaction...

Make sure they look after you with the loaner for sure.. ;)
  27. L60N

L60N Guest

LoL!!

I already told the lady, thats fine with me :sorry:

I'll be happy if they come back spanking new, if they look **** however - I'll hit the roof - Or the dude in the showroom

*piiitchoooooooooooooW* "how you like that? yeah thats right, karate chop motherfucker!!! :O
  28. edition

edition Active Member

Make sure it's Andrew :eiertritt:

That man infuriates me :box:
  29. L60N

L60N Guest

Well so as not to hijack tricklads thread i'll put it here.

Got the car back from Harrogate Audi...

New seat cover agreed to be fitted:

Estimated time to fix - 1day
    Total time taken - 3weeks

Any problems:

Scratched sills
    broken height adjust lever
    broken tilt wheel
    scratched pillars
    ill-fitting plastics
    seat base looks pap
    screw found in front tyre

oh, and when i fired her up the range said 5miles!

The saga continues.......

I'll send an email to Jezza tonight, see what he thinks...
  30. Kontraband

Kontraband Active Member

hell, copy trading standards in too!! :mad:
  31. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

Very good call!
  32. L60N

L60N Guest

I'll post up pictures of the damage when i get home... I was lost for words. After the hassle i kicked up, and getting Mr Hicks involved you'd think that H Audi would be falling over themselves to put things right....
  33. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

Yeah, you'd think!
    Good luck mate
  34. Iggu

Iggu Active Member

Or they thought (in their scumness): "because he caused us grief from the boss let's give him some **** to worry about."
    I wouldn't put it past them. They don't care about customers or their possessions half the time.
    That is a disgrace though. Threaten them with legal action and include lots of photos. Then do the karate chop.
  35. alzo999

alzo999 Audi Crazy

very good letter mate, courteous but to the point. I hope you get things sorted out. While i'm on, for anyone in the Ayrshire area, I have found Ayr Audi an absolute joy to deal with. Salesmans name is Brian, dealt with him for 2 years (ish) now. service and parts dept have been different class as well.

Bought a TT roadster from Glasgow Audi and they were a nightmare, wouldnt go near tham with a barge pole!! (yeah, i know its the same group). they were nothing short of a joke.
  36. Roswell

Roswell Member

That's an absolute nightmare Leon! Audi really need to get their act together with these franchised dealers. It's an absolute disgrace.

Good luck with Jeremy....AGAIN!!
  37. L60N

L60N Guest

Ok, so firstly i noticed they'd done a p00 job of the seat base:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My other one for comparison:

[​IMG]

I ignored that, but when i got home I found these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then tilting the seat back to how "I" like it i found it stuck:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Upon closer inspection i found they'd tried carving off some plastic in the hope of slackening it - it didnt work, nor does it look pretty:

[​IMG]

Compared to the other side:

[​IMG]

Then theres the scratches to the sill:

[​IMG]

To the pillar:

[​IMG]

Oh, and a screw in the tyre which had to be replaced:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:banghead: :mad: :banghead:

WELL DONE AUDI!! :yahoo:
  38. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

FECKIN HELL!
    That my friend is a severe piss take!
    How have you lasted so long with out going down to the dealers and making a very BIG scene????
    I can't believe someone actually thought it acceptable to return your car in that state.
    Mate, get the email sent to Jeremy, CC the general manager of the dealer, CC the service manager at the dealer.

Dude, it's time to open up a can of whoop ass!
  39. jamiekip

jamiekip Guest

Ohh, and you could insist on ground of negligence that any further repairs are carried out by another dealer of your choice - all Audi wor is guraneteed, so you should try and push for that too....
  40. MarcQuinlivan

That's a disaster!!

They'll try to say the screw in the tyre wasn't them, but that torx screw is used by Audi\VW on several trim pieces, including the arch liners.

Definitely send Jeremy a follow up mail and attach the photos. I can't see him standing for the damage they've done.