1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Letter from Dealer

octagon Mar 8, 2005

1. octagon

octagon Member

Yesterday I received a letter from the dealer I bought my A3 (8L chasis) from.Offering me something for nothing, thier words :p
    anyway they are supposedly offering me a 3.2 A3 quattro for the price of the 2.0 FSI.
    whats the difference in price between the two models before options?
    Is this a regular occurence for dealers to offer this type of deal?
    It sounds good but I can't help thinking there is a catch.

2. djoblong

djoblong Member

Sounds excellent to me - most likely someone has ordered the 3.2 and cancelled their order or something. Check the registration date. Ask them for an explanation - the difference in list price is around £4K for the base model I think or possibly more. Just make sure you get the whole story from them.

3. octagon

octagon Member

I dont think it is restricted to one car.They say there is a limited amount on offer.Ill give em a ring and see what the story is.
    Just thought it was a bit unusual.

4. djoblong

djoblong Member

Agreed it sounds unusual but would be a great deal even if there was a catch such as earlier reg or something about to be superseded. Having said that the only design revision on the cards is the 3-door getting the sportback front at some point this year. I don't suppose they might be trying to clear stock before that? I am not sure when that revision was scheduled to take effect.

5. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

That sounds like a great deal, even if they're pre-registered models.

2.0 FSI - £17,320 List price
    2.0 FSI SE - £19,320 List price
    2.0 FSI Sport - £19,320 List price
    3.2 Quattro - £24,125 List price

Worst case scenario gives you 20% discount.

6. Karcsi

Karcsi Member

Sounds very good. The 3.2 comes in Sport guise only, so logically it'll be almost a £5k discount. Shocking!! I knew the 3.2 would end up being a white elephant on the second hand market.

7. octagon

octagon Member

yeah thats the catch then lol. its the turbo 2.0 FSI.
    Ah well I wasn't in the market for the 3.2 anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif